Speeding fine. Feel cheated.

we need and upper age limit if you ask me.

And possibly a requirement for a minimum level of intelligence.

What when there is some nobhead up your arse and a middle-aged women driver doing 28 mph, its easier to get infront, the last thing you want is to be stuck behind some tart all the way to Meadowhall.

Personally I would think the last thing you would want to be is the silly fool who gets caught speeding trying to overtake these people & having them laughing at you misfortune all the way home, or even worse post it on SF. Btw I'm not being self righteous bout speeding I got done for pretty much the same thing doing 34 in a 30 zone 100 yards after coming off a 50 zone, now I make sure I slow down before I get to the 30 rather then after. I'm afraid like everyone else it's a case if learning from your mistakes

Personally I would think the last thing you would want to be is the silly fool who gets caught speeding trying to overtake these people & having them laughing at you misfortune all the way home, or even worse post it on SF. Btw I'm not being self righteous bout speeding I got done for pretty much the same thing doing 34 in a 30 zone 100 yards after coming off a 50 zone, now I make sure I slow down before I get to the 30 rather then after. I'm afraid like everyone else it's a case if learning from your mistakes

Agreed! This thread is a little slow but speeding has been a hot topic on here always and there are several very vocal opponents on who have clearly never driven or just are lucky enough not to be in the daily grind/rat race like the rest of us. Its easy not to speed when you do four miles a week and its to pop to a certain shop or whatever......

Edited by Smack Jack

I dont think the op is questioning that he is right or wrong in doing 43in a 30 limit, i think he/she is a little bit perturbed by the way it was done, police in high vis jackets looking like Arena security, police cars parked in Arena car park not readily recognized and as soon as he past the 30 limit sign a policeman seemingly darted out from nowhere pointing a radar gun at him. if i am right then why is people having a go at him/her for speeding he/she no`s they were wrong as for the comments pay up and learn from it, do drivers have to learn that 30 means 30 if you go over that you are breaking the law?

do drivers have to learn that 30 means 30 if you go over that you are breaking the law?

I'd hope most drivers already know that.

If we're honest about it, most of us who drive have gone over the speed limit from time to time, whether we mean to or not. Most of the time, we get away with it but we're still breaking the law.

As for the way it was done, the policeman could have been wearing a pink tutu and the OP would still have been speeding. He was hardly entrapped.

Like someone previously said, we've all broke the speeding limit at some point, some people are unlucky and get caught others don't.

do the crime pay the price simple

Like someone previously said, we've all broke the speeding limit at some point, some people are unlucky and get caught others don't.

I have never driven above the speed limit, ever. :rant:

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:congratulations

Neither have thousands of other non car owners,it ain't difficult troll.

Your not allowed no but there are guidlines The APCO guidelines - so they don't have to be adhered to - are 10% + 2mph (e.g. 35, 46, 57, 68, 79) i doubt you will see many people been done for 1mph over the limit as you would have a very good case imo

as to the OP try posting on here

http://www.pepipoo.com/

I was under the impression different forces applied different amount of tolerance,and that south yorks police were one of the more tolerant

I'm sure the family of a little girl or boy would feel more than cheated if you'd knocked them down and killed them. Grow up and accept the punishment.