Speeding fine. Feel cheated.

Why were you cheated? There was a plainly visible warning sign, it was round with a red border and the number 30 in it. If a burglar is arrested because a neighbour saw him and phoned the police, should he be released without charge if there were no "Neighbourhood Watch" warning signs to tell him that he might get caught?

The fact is that you shouldn't have been doing 43 BEFORE the 30 zone - you were exceeding the speed limit before the camera

You took a course which supposedly proved that you are aware of these signs and their meanings, in order to gain a licence to drive. So no cheating there, the signs haven't been introduced since you took this test.

Might I suggest you learn from this, since you didn't learn from the last time, going from your comment "my licence would have been clean this year"

Pretty much everyone brteaks some rules of the road at some time, some more than others. The difference being that some people accept that they have done so and accept this, and others believe that they are somehow different and should have immunity for some bizarre reason.

lets hope none off your family are ever run down but if they were you may think long and hard about the way you drive speeding gets you no were except the fuel station or your grave stop winging pay the fine get the points and learn from it

You need to check if the speed limit signs are positioned in the correct place. It's not unheard of for them to be placed differently to where the traffic order designates the change of speed limit. Of course, you'd still be speeding, but 43 in a 40 would qualify for a speed awareness course.

These are offered based on the speed you are doing, and whether you have been on one in the past few years.

If he has the chance to get away with it, then why not try?

because he stands almost no chance

however, if the op feels they can get away with it then they should take the route which leads to an appearance before the magistrates. given that the penalties associated with such a route tend to be higher perhaps he should seek proper legal advice first

Sorry, but if you have driven at over the speed limit (which you obviously were, even for a 40 limit) then you have to take it as an occupational hazard that you'll be picked up by a camera or a mobile speed trap at that speed.

Yesterday I was pulled over into sheffield arena car park by a policeman who had caught me doing 43 in a 30. There was no speed camera warning sign and his car was completely hidden from view. I origionally thought he was a security guard as he was stood.at the enterance to the arena car park. He did have a.high vis jacket on and there was a 30 mph sign just before the camera. The speed limit dropped from 40 to 30 and the copper was about 100 meters after the cange in speed limit.

does anyone know whether there is any flaws with what occurred here. Help would b massively appreciated as my liscence would have been clean this year. Thanks

Liam......

Goodness me why would you think anyone on here would know if any flaws have occurred when they weren't at the incident :confused: I'm pretty sure that Mr Policeman knew what he was doing ;)

You got caught so pay up :)

You need to check if the speed limit signs are positioned in the correct place. It's not unheard of for them to be placed differently to where the traffic order designates the change of speed limit. Of course, you'd still be speeding, but 43 in a 40 would qualify for a speed awareness course.

These are offered based on the speed you are doing, and whether you have been on one in the past few years.

Actually, whether they are offered at all is at the discretion of the police force. Someone trying to wangle their way out of a fine by proving that a sign was in the wrong place by ten yards, is highly unlikely to be given a favourable assessment. I'd lay odds on him still having to pay the fine.

Yesterday I was pulled over into sheffield arena car park by a policeman who had caught me doing 43 in a 30. There was no speed camera warning sign and his car was completely hidden from view. I origionally thought he was a security guard as he was stood.at the enterance to the arena car park. He did have a.high vis jacket on and there was a 30 mph sign just before the camera. The speed limit dropped from 40 to 30 and the copper was about 100 meters after the cange in speed limit.

I sympathise, mate. What's wrong with driving at 43mph in a car park. Last year I did a spot of mass murder in an area where there were no signs saying Mass Murder Prohibited and this copper jumped out and nicked me. He wasn't even wearing a high visibility jacket. And some people think I'm a self-centred, whinging danger to the public.