03/05/2011 Secret Millionaire set in Burngreave

Really you know Sham,? So do I.

I went to school with Taz, she told me on FB cos my status was about it and the funny taxi driver.

Professional musicians and volunteers at each home. I volunteer for that charity and I know how much it costs.

Taken from the website the price has gone up to £235:

So we decided to launch the HIGH NOTES APPEAL to raise an extra £103,400. Each concert costs £235 and we want to provide an extra 40 residential homes with one concert a month for a whole year (except August) - £103,400

Can you please explain how a few songs in a home costs £235?

As part of the big society shouldn't professional musicians volunteer their time for free?

As I've said it's a lovely idea but it is costing a lot of money.

i am not doubting the money she gave away made a difference but i fail to see how highlighting one persons extraordinary wealth is a good thing

Well Burngreave (or the people who took the money) managed to squander £50 million through New Deal and have nothing to show for it.

Money will not solve problems. Pro-active people solve problems. The decent Secret Millionaires are when the Millionaire has actually got involved with the projects. Their time and expertise ends up worth more than the donation, and people become empowered through this.

I went to school with Taz, she told me on FB cos my status was about it and the funny taxi driver.

Really well ain't it a small world! you went to Newfield then I assume.

Taken from the website the price has gone up to £235:

So we decided to launch the HIGH NOTES APPEAL to raise an extra £103,400. Each concert costs £235 and we want to provide an extra 40 residential homes with one concert a month for a whole year (except August) - £103,400

Can you please explain how a few songs in a home costs £235?

As part of the big society shouldn't professional musicians volunteer their time for free?

As I've said it's a lovely idea but it is costing a lot of money.

I will get someone from Lost Chord to fill you in.

Really well ain't it a small world! you went to Newfield then I assume.

I did indeed, unfortunately! Did you?

I thought Simrin came across as a really nice person who genuinely did care & importantly wanted to help people.

Yvonne -- A really nice lady as Simrin described as being angelic.

The programme showed Sheffield in a positive way & the people that were featured in it as very welcoming minus the taxi driver -- "It's like the 80's Beirut LoL!" "Me friend got kidnapped"-storyline! You couldn't make it up-- Haha.

I did indeed, unfortunately! Did you?

Nope I had all my schooling in London bar Uni, My mate is her cousin she went there too class of 2002.

I thought Simrin came across as a really nice person who genuinely did care & importantly wanted to help people.

Yvonne -- A really nice lady as Simrin described as being angelic.

The programme showed Sheffield in a positive way & the people that were featured in it as very welcoming minus the taxi driver -- "It's like the 80's Beirut LoL!" "Me friend got kidnapped"-storyline! You couldn't make it up-- Haha.

I thought she came across as genuine too. I also hoped the experience might have been good for her, as her life is so different from the norm.

I agree with what others said about the programme format having become old hat. However, I did feel that Simrin really did want to help the folks she got involved with. And, she could have continued with her nice life without ever feeling the need to make any sort of personal contribution. I'm pleased for the local charities that benefitted.

I can't believe how many negative comments there are. Especially the one that said she didn't give much. I've never seen that much given before! I'm sure St Wilfreds were happy! It's a great charity, and is supported by both football clubs who allow and sell the clocks.

I thought she would be a right snob at the beginning, but she seemed quite down to earth. I liked her.

I loved when she said how friendly Sheffield was and that she felt at home here... of course they show s***-holes as backgrounds, they always do. It's an entertainment TV programme after all.

And she wore a Blades scarf, top lass :). I think with her wealth we should ask her to buy the Blades, we could tell her that all the supporters are special needs... at least half the city would back this up and we could easily convince her with these figures :hihi:

She should be ashamed of herself. Thoght she`d be dishing out more than that.

I can't believe how many negative comments there are. Especially the one that said she didn't give much. I've never seen that much given before! I'm sure St Wilfreds were happy! It's a great charity, and is supported by both football clubs who allow and sell the clocks.

I thought she would be a right snob at the beginning, but she seemed quite down to earth. I liked her.

I loved when she said how friendly Sheffield was and that she felt at home here... of course they show s***-holes as backgrounds, they always do. It's an entertainment TV programme after all.

And she wore a Blades scarf, top lass :). I think with her wealth we should ask her to buy the Blades, we could tell her that all the supporters are special needs... at least half the city would back this up and we could easily convince her with these figures :hihi:

:hihi::hihi: Spot on.

I really enjoyed tonight's programme. I do agree though, the idea should remain, but the format needs changing a little.:hihi: