Car Boot Megathread 2011 - Please see first post for details of Car Boots

Can anyone tell me if Marsh Lane boot sale runs on Easter Sunday please? And what time it opens?

Thanks in advance :)

Not sure if they do. You can try giving them a call. Their number is 01246 474626 / 07702 388773

Did anyone go to the tesco carboot today and what was it like?.

I went to sell and had my best ever day there. Made about £70 (and no it wasn't from selling pirate dvd's like a previous poster mentioned :hihi:).

It depends on the day though. Sometimes you can go to a car boot and you'll find lots of stuff you like/want to buy. Othertimes there'll be nothing of interest. Likewise for a seller, if you have what people want, you can make a decent amount of money. It's hit and miss, but that can be said of any car boot, not just Tesco.

There was a lot of grumbling about the entrance price and charge for buyers to park at the Broughton Lane Car Boot next week - I'd love to know if anyone is going? I plan to see how it goes next week and may give it a go in the future.

Yeah I heard that mentioned. I was going to go and sell there, but to be honest after having a pretty decent day at Tesco yesterday it wouldn't be worth my while going. It's going to cost £10 for a pitch and I don't think I'd get my money back from what I have left from Tesco. It'd be great for people to give their feedback on here if they do go.

I went to sell and had my best ever day there. Made about £70 (and no it wasn't from selling pirate dvd's like a previous poster mentioned :hihi:).

It depends on the day though. Sometimes you can go to a car boot and you'll find lots of stuff you like/want to buy. Othertimes there'll be nothing of interest. Likewise for a seller, if you have what people want, you can make a decent amount of money. It's hit and miss, but that can be said of any car boot, not just Tesco.

I too went to sell at Tesco. Had a good day £96 and a few pence. All from stuff i was going to

get rid of anyway because of moving to a smaller house.

when do's marsh lane start?

also there is a car boot sale at tansley if you fancy a run out in the derbyshire dales

Tansley Sunday car-boot sale

At A615 cross-roads near Tansley on approach from Wessington - Sat Nav DE55 6DB. Open 7am - 4pm. Contact 07815 029850

Table hire £5. Sell from cars & 4x4s (no trailer charge) £10, trade £12, vans & pickups £13. Parking £1.30.

Last day for 2010 season is 28th November.

when do's marsh lane start?

according to the first post, it's 3rd April.

I went ot Tesco's too, but didn't buy much (only some photography mags). It does have that Blonk St. feel to it definitely.

I was told while I was there that it's going to be 3 quid to park at the Arena one - does anyone know whether this is true? If it is I certainly won't be going...

Charges for the Giant Car Boot at Arena below - for more info visit the Arena web site http://www.motorpointarena.co.uk/whats-on/giant-car-boot-sale/

General Admission: Adults 70p, OAP 40p, Under 16s free wih free onsite car parking for customers.

Traders entry fees: Cars £10, Car & trailer or small van £12.50, Large Van £15

I was told while I was there that it's going to be 3 quid to park at the Arena one - does anyone know whether this is true? If it is I certainly won't be going...

General Admission: Adults 70p, OAP 40p, Under 16s free with free onsite car parking for customers. Traders entry fees: Cars £10, Car & trailer or small van £12.50, Large Van £15

I guess the above gives you your answer. Maybe give them a call just to check though?

twin oaks starts back 2nd april

marsh lane 3rd april

that is 100 percent true

thought marsh lane was the following sun???

Hi guys, just a quick question. Was thinking about going to a car boot sale to get rid of my dvd collection (not pirated) and some other clutter but just wanted to ask if this would be a waste of time after reading the above post as the dvd's would be the bulk of it?

I went to Tesco and spent loads! Came back with about 6 bags of stuff! Agree some of it can be pretty low rent but you only need one stallholder who's getting rid of stuff that you want to make it worthwhile. In my case this was kids' clothes and shoes.

The beauty of Tesco for me is it's a ten minute drive away and on site free parking.