Car Boot Megathread 2011 - Please see first post for details of Car Boots

Incidentally it's free to get into the Doncaster Keepmoat car boot (they charge people to park but if you park in the Outlet car park and walk round you can avoid that). But how do the costs there stack up against the Sheffield Arena, I wonder?

Well, agreed and money-grabbing organisers is the reason I won't go to Twin Oaks either. :hihi: Bakewell I will still go to as it's only 30p.

Apparently, Bakewell is now 50p, so I've been advised. And I thought inflation was only at 4%!

Hi , in reply to when is Listerdale carboot on, its this Sunday . Its alway a good one fully booked so plenty of variety . It starts at 8.30 Listerdale Junior School , Bawtry Road , Listerdale , Rotherham . Hope this helps .
Is this a regular Aloozzi?

marsh lane carboot opens on the 10th of april just called them

also the other one at the nags head roundabout (that what is was called is the same date )

they is a banner on the gate

:huh: someone else said Marsh Lane opens 3rd April. I wish they'd make their minds up!

The other is Bowshaw, I presume. I've amended the first post.

I've just texted the organisers of Twin Oaks and that reopens on 2nd April

Can I please stress that people to check the first post to confirm that a car boot is on and the exact location before they leave the house? Where they're given, I provide contact details. There seems to be a lot of conflicting information about the start up dates and venues at the moment and a few people have had wasted journeys which is a shame.

Edited by RozeePozee

I happened to go past Marsh Lane yesterday and I'm pretty sure the notice said Car Boot restarts 3rd April.

Well, agreed and money-grabbing organisers is the reason I won't go to Twin Oaks either. :hihi: Bakewell I will still go to as it's only 30p. And it's a quid to park at Oldcotes too, though the trade off there is that it's enormous.

On that subject though, I'm not very familiar with the Arena area, so what are the facilities for parking for buyers going to be like?

there should be ample space for both buyers and sellers

:huh: someone else said Marsh Lane opens 3rd April. I wish they'd make their minds up!

The other is Bowshaw, I presume. I've amended the first post.

I've just texted the organisers of Twin Oaks and that reopens on 2nd April

Can I please stress that people to check the first post to confirm that a car boot is on and the exact location before they leave the house? Where they're given, I provide contact details. There seems to be a lot of conflicting information about the start up dates and venues at the moment and a few people have had wasted journeys which is a shame.

twin oaks has been open for the last two saturdays.

twin oaks has been open for the last two saturdays.
What? If the organisers themselves don't know when their car boot starts, how am I supposed to? :huh:

Thanks for all the replies folks. The first post is updated as best I can on the info I've been given. If you spot any errors, please pm me. RP x

Have just seen posters advertising Beauchief scout group jumble sale April 2nd at 10-12 in the church hall. At least I think that was the date! I was driving past and couldn't make a note of it til I got home. If anyone else can confirm this, that would be great. I'll then add it to the main post :thumbsup:

What I meant to say was:

Can I please stress that people to check the first post and use the contact details to verify the info here that a car boot is on and the exact location before they leave the house? Where they're given, I provide contact details. There seems to be a lot of conflicting information about the start up dates and venues at the moment and a few people have had wasted journeys which is a shame.

I would love to go to car boot sales again, after going almost every weekend for over 25 years, but since my husband died, as a non-driver I find it too difficult.

Is there anyone who goes regularly from Hillsborough who would like a boot sale buddy to travel with? I would be happy to pay towards the petrol :)

I would love to go to car boot sales again, after going almost every weekend for over 25 years, but since my husband died, as a non-driver I find it too difficult.

Is there anyone who goes regularly from Hillsborough who would like a boot sale buddy to travel with? I would be happy to pay towards the petrol :)

I may be able to help now the babies are a bit older. If you want to, PM me your number and we can talk about it.