Petrol price rises

When I started driving in the early 70's four star petrol was 16p a gallon!!!...Not a litre...but a sodding gallon!!!...Yeah I know it was forever ago, but all the same :rant:

EDIT: 16p per gallon = 4p per litre (approx rounded up)

Sounds about right and then the first oil crisis set in and it doubled almost overnight to 32p per gallon.

When you take into account that around 67% of the cost of fuel is tax then you realise its not the producers or suppliers who are ripping people off but this government.

I did read that OPEC want to keep the cost @ around $100 a barrel which also suits the new players on the block as they wont cut that price as it brings in more revenue for them. People seem happy to blame OPEC for rises but nearly half the oil produced comes from non-OPEC countries.

Sounds about right and then the first oil crisis set in and it doubled almost overnight to 32p per gallon.

When you take into account that around 67% of the cost of fuel is tax then you realise its not the producers or suppliers who are ripping people off but this government.

I did read that OPEC want to keep the cost @ around $100 a barrel which also suits the new players on the block as they wont cut that price as it brings in more revenue for them. People seem happy to blame OPEC for rises but nearly half the oil produced comes from non-OPEC countries.

I don't have any figures, but I think 67% is a bit light. If you include VAT on the sale of fuel, I suspect it's somewhere around 80%

I don't have any figures, but I think 67% is a bit light. If you include VAT on the sale of fuel, I suspect it's somewhere around 80%

Yep you are right, forgot to add the VAT on top of the duty.:)

http://www.petrolprices.com/the-price-of-fuel.html

Given the above then its not surprising that the government don't want to invest in electric or hydrogen power. Unless they change the duty/tax structure to include them then they will lose out big time.

It's really unbelievable the prices now.. How much higher can it go?!

Red derv £20 a drum :)
Did a delivery to Wales the other day and the farmer offered to fill my tank for me, I was tempted but refused his offer due to it being red diesil.

Did a delivery to Wales the other day and the farmer offered to fill my tank for me, I was tempted but refused his offer due to it being red diesil.

I know too risky in any van or pickup, maybe ok in a car but vosa pull anything now days.

have people noticed how petrol prices are increasing once again :suspect:

No, because I haven't bought any for 10 months :D

I have no idea how much it currently is, when I start driving again I will probably be shocked :(

Summers here so people use cars more so the greedy oil companies put up the prices,more profits.

No, because I haven't bought any for 10 months :D

I have no idea how much it currently is, when I start driving again I will probably be shocked :(

why have you been naughty :huh: