Thank you and goodbye to night time Ambassadors

Why dont most of you guys commenting get a decent newspaper? Then you can have a educated opinion on this matter. I read in the Sunday Sport that these ambassadors were actually cutting crime by 85% in the city centre.

The Sunday Sport ? All I remember about that paper is that it was always full of women with big chests, but that was ages ago. Maybe it's improved since.

Well at least the government seems to be following up on their pledge to get rid of useless jobs in the public sector :thumbsup:

Just for balance, what important job do you do?

excellent news, the whinos and people can finally get back to where they belong.......the peace gardens

Just for balance, what important job do you do?

One that benefits the majority of people in this country in one way or another, without me in my role it would directley effect around 85% of the UK (not saying my job cant be done by someone as highly trained as me though).

I understand that tonight is the last night for the excellent men and women that have patrolled the City centre through the nightime. I live and work in the City Centre and have found their presence very re assuring as i regualrly finish work at late times and am forced to walk through the centre.

I have found them helpful, polite and conscientous, the city will be the worse for their loss.

Thank you all, I hope you find alternative work very soon. maybe for an employer that values you more.

Surely its a police role which should make you feel safe to walk the streets. I prefer not to pay twice for the same service.

One that benefits the majority of people in this country in one way or another, without me in my role it would directley effect around 85% of the UK (not saying my job cant be done by someone as highly trained as me though).

85% of the UK? Go on then what is it....

Jesus, you must be a cabinet minister for it to effect that many people.....

on west street this weekend, i was approached by two groups of street pastors, introducing themselves, looks to me like these have taken over the job of someone at weekends

Are you the Prime Minister?

Oh no sorry, you said benefits

Is this Ambassadors, the electro-pop band who used to play at the Grapes sometimes?

Good luck with future projects guys - I always quite liked your music.

I live in the city centre too & they've come to my assistance twice when I needed them. Like the OP I find them a reassuring presence & I will be sorry to see them go.

I live in the city centre too & they've come to my assistance twice when I needed them. Like the OP I find them a reassuring presence & I will be sorry to see them go.

Is that when you've had one too many and cant find your way home?? :hihi: :hihi:

I agree it should be a Police role. BUT, as a person who lives and works in the City Centre i cannot remmber when I saw a Police Officer (on foot) in the centre of Sheffield at the time I make my way home (which can be anytime after midnight).

I make no comment on the daytime Ambassadors, frankly I tend to agree that they do themselves no favours standing around in groups looking untidy. My comments relate to the night time men and women who are, I believe, contractors rather than direct council employees.

I feel qualified to comment on them as i have been helped by them on a few occassions over the years. Their presence has been a great reassurance. I hope that they read this, ignore the snide comments of persons who have taken the thread out of context and accept the thanks of someone who has actually encountered them on a nightly basis.

Surely its a police role which should make you feel safe to walk the streets. I prefer not to pay twice for the same service.