Bus drivers- miserable people

So, I try and pay the bus fare this morning to get into work, give the bus driver £1.50 and try and make the rest up (45p) in 1p and 2p, and the guy wont accept it, according to him over 25p in bronze is illeagal which is rubbish. So I had to get off the bus and find a cash machine, made me late.

Thing is before Ive tried to pay with £10 notes and got similar knock-backs, because they dont carry change. So what is it, do they want change or not?

Miserable c@@@s.

:(

according to him over 25p in bronze is illeagal which is rubbish. :(

Are you sure?

Are you sure?

Well done!!:thumbsup: think there are enough miserable busdriver threads without this one!! Would the op accept change in 2s and 1s in a shop?!!!

So the rest of the passengers had to wait to witness your plank-like behaviour. Yeah, all the drivers fault.

So, I try and pay the bus fare this morning to get into work, give the bus driver £1.50 and try and make the rest up (45p) in 1p and 2p, and the guy wont accept it, according to him over 25p in bronze is illeagal which is rubbish. So I had to get off the bus and find a cash machine, made me late.

Thing is before Ive tried to pay with £10 notes and got similar knock-backs, because they dont carry change. So what is it, do they want change or not?

Miserable c@@@s.

:(

i heard all bus drivers have to take a 4 week course on how to be rude miserable and downright offensive to customers suppose to be a very intense course but if you pass it you get a lovely silver framed certificate and a guaranteed job as a bus driver

The worst thing about bus drivers is their constant lack of courtesy on the road.

Snig Hill - Go through lights (on red) and block the crossing.

Pull out into traffic without indicating.

Sit across yellow hatched boxes.

.. and the list goes on and on.

@spottydog - I would accept the change (probably would not like it, but I would still accept it, just like the miserable bus driver should do).

@ grafik... It's the bus driver who was displaying the plank-like behaviour but arguing the to$$ instead of cracking on with the job.

thats enough to make anyone miserable someone trying to pay 45p in shrapnel! cant blame the driver on this one. I would hate to have to do a bus drivers job dealing with this all day long and then they have sheffields traffic to contend with!

Are you sure?

So it's 40p, 20p in 1 pence pieces and 20p in 2 pence pieces.

Maybe its about time SYPTE pulled their finger out and got a proper payment smart card scheme implemented. Problem would be solved then.

You could top it up online or with your mobile - rather than having to go into a sypte shop every week/month

They really should be doing better than they are at the moment. its 2011 ffs. That half arsed attempted they did a trial on before was a joke.

What differenc is it to the driver whether he took the change or not, he was just being a mardy bum. The OP had the money there and the bus driver not accepting it is just awkward. It's not like the OP tried to pay with a note, which I could understand if the driver had no change. To whoever mentioned that if the OP was a shop keeper he wouldn't like it. No he may not but the money given to the driver wasn't the driver's it was the bus company's so it was probably no big deal to him, he was just being awkward

To whoever mentioned that if the OP was a shop keeper he wouldn't like it. No he may not but the money given to the driver wasn't the driver's it was the bus company's so it was probably no big deal to him, he was just being awkward

And the shop doesn't have a timetable to keep or a queue of cars behind it.