Carrying a knife

Not if it's under 6" in length, in total.

Thats why I got a caution then :suspect:

The whole locking knife thing is utterly ridiculous. It's perfectly legal to carry a folding knife with a blade less than three inches so long as it doesn't lock. By adding a lock to such a knife does it suddenly make it more dangerous!? If we are going to be rational actually a locking blade is safer as it less likely to fold up on the fingers when the knife is in use which is a common problem for non locking knives. Apparently this whole thing came about as some lawyer claimed that a knife with a lock was no different to a rigid blade and unbelievably this was accepted :roll:

(sorry for the late reply) i'm more thinking of when i meet my other half and my son straight from work in the park and halfway round our walk i realise i have my knife in 1 of my many pockets. Since this thread started I've made a conscious decision to put my knife in my tool box.

They are already taken care of.

You should taste my mushroom risotto :)

to quote the famous carry on line from peter butterworth:-

;) ;) was it your first wife that died of mushroom poisoning?

and wasn't it a fractured skull that did for your second? (she wouldn't eat the poison mushrooms ;) )

They are already taken care of.

You should taste my mushroom risotto :)

..amanita?

Guest sibon
..amanita?

I'm strictly a boletus boy.

I could knock you up an Amanita Phalloides risotto if you like. :gag:

I'm strictly a boletus boy.

I could knock you up an Amanita Phalloides risotto if you like. :gag:

I'll pass on that thanks sibon, although it's still probably more digestible than my mother's sweet potato pudding!

Unless you are a footballer. They can flout firearms laws and get away with it. Ashley Cole actually shot someone, he was not on authorised land, had no legit reason to have the gun there and he got away with it. No excuse !!!!!!

Guest sibon
I'll pass on that thanks sibon, although it's still probably more digestible than my mother's sweet potato pudding!

Harsh. And definitely not true.

Some aspects of death cap poisoning

Sweet potato pudding.

I'm with your mum on this.

It is perfectly acceptable to carry a knife if you have a reasonable excuse. If I have a six inch woodsman knife on me whilst I'm going to the train station to catch a train to go hiking that's fine. If I'm carrying it into a nightclub that isnt.

Similarly if you have just bought one and are on teh way home from the shop with it, or you are a chef and are going to work with your knife roll, or you are a carpet fitter, etc. All of these are perfectly reasonable reasons.

All true, except that if the knife locks then it's still an offence.

Edit - how on earth was this in the recent topics, the last post before mine was 2011...

Edited by Cyclone

All true, except that if the knife locks then it's still an offence.

Not so, if it locks and you have a reasonable excuse then you are OK

You are allowed a folding pocket knife as long as the blade is less than three inches, but if it locks then the reasonable excuse applies.