Sheffield asylum seeker gets last minute reprieve

he never lived or was born in the uk not sure if he speaks out lang and he made new friends and family here . sure he can do the same there .

so your argument holds no water ?

Oh the irony.

I saw this programme. As I understand it this lad has never lived in Afghanistan, doesn't speak the language and knows no one there. Why would anyone ever think of sending him there! It's ridiculous.

He sounds intelligent and articulate and I think he should be allowed to stay because I believe that he'll give a lot more to this country than many of the "gimme gimme" youngsters I see on my estate every day.

finally, somebody using logic, thinking and understanding :P

oh and the english language :P

i read about this story last week, what i read about it it wasnt about islam.

he was being deported to afganistan, hes NEVER been to afganistan, why should he be deported to someplace hes never been?

the only place he knows really is england, its where he knows best and his friends are

England is not the only place he knows as he as only been around 3/4 years about 20% of his life and he travelled through quite a few safe countrys to get hear and he had never been to England before. If he can come to a country to which he as never been to claim asylum how is that different to him being deported to a country he as never been to.

how ignorant and small minded you are!

so in your mind only asylum seekers are bad drivers or cause road accidents ..i think not!

He has no family in Afghanistan... to deport him there would be cruel, surely? He's not part of their culture and has nobody there to help him.

He is here because we accept asylum seekers here like many developed countries. He doesn't need any specific ties to stay here if we offer asylum.

i read about this story last week, what i read about it it wasnt about islam.

he was being deported to afganistan, hes NEVER been to afganistan, why should he be deported to someplace hes never been?

the only place he knows really is england, its where he knows best and his friends are

he really knows england...how old is he...cannot blame him...iran...afghanistan or good old england.....no wonder he travelled for seven months to get his free lunch for life.....people like him are just playing the system...no different to the tax dodging bankers....send him to iran...the climates better...

Young British men and women are going out there risking their lives fighting the evil that is The Taliban, whilst their young men of fighting age are coming in the opposite direction for a nice life in the UK. Shouldn't he join the Afghan National Army to fight the Taliban?

why fight...when you can get a nice living in good old england.....everyone wants to come here....all the dregs of the world head here....for a nice freebie...

I contrinute a considerable amount of tax each month and am against illegals...

However I believe that there are thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of people who deserve to go back before this young lad.

I cannot understand how anyone could think it humane to send back a young guy to a country he has never even lived in on the basis his parents lived there.

You use the argument that our young lads are their fighting and dying but would you put one of our westernised young guys in afghan without their regiment, without their guns and without their backup. They would die within days, something you are happy to see happen to a young 20 year old! why? because his parents once lived there!!

He is not an Afghan he is a young man who's parents fled to save his life. Why is it ok that as a 16 year old he is welcome but at 18 he must leave!

The people who live in Afgan, Iran, Africa and other countries who come here to take advantage of our system are far worse.

This was a young lad with minimal choices and to send him back to death, i think you are all very messed up people.

oh and for the record I have never met this person or anyone who knows him!!

I contrinute a considerable amount of tax each month and am against illegals...

However I believe that there are thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of people who deserve to go back before this young lad.

I cannot understand how anyone could think it humane to send back a young guy to a country he has never even lived in on the basis his parents lived there.

You use the argument that our young lads are their fighting and dying but would you put one of our westernised young guys in afghan without their regiment, without their guns and without their backup. They would die within days, something you are happy to see happen to a young 20 year old! why? because his parents once lived there!!

He is not an Afghan he is a young man who's parents fled to save his life. Why is it ok that as a 16 year old he is welcome but at 18 he must leave!

The people who live in Afgan, Iran, Africa and other countries who come here to take advantage of our system are far worse.

This was a young lad with minimal choices and to send him back to death, i think you are all very messed up people.

oh and for the record I have never met this person or anyone who knows him!!

How many safe European countrys would you say he travelled through to get to the U.K. so in my opinion he had several choices but chose the one which would take the longest time and furthest away to get to which would make his decision a very calculated one for a 16 year old.

How many safe European countrys would you say he travelled through to get to the U.K. so in my opinion he had several choices but chose the one which would take the longest time and furthest away to get to which would make his decision a very calculated one for a 16 year old.

But was it his choice ?

Question.. do you think he should be sent back to Afghanistan?

How many safe European countrys would you say he travelled through to get to the U.K.

That sounds like a good question for a pub quiz. I'd say five countries.

But was it his choice ?

Question.. do you think he should be sent back to Afghanistan?

yes they say its nice this time of year.....he'll hate it here, weathers not very good...and the footballs rubbish...