Sheffield asylum seeker gets last minute reprieve

how ignorant and small minded you are!

so in your mind only asylum seekers are bad drivers or cause road accidents ..i think not!

What on earth had that got to do with the discussion.?

He has no family in Afghanistan... to deport him there would be cruel, surely? He's not part of their culture and has nobody there to help him.

He is here because we accept asylum seekers here like many developed countries. He doesn't need any specific ties to stay here if we offer asylum.

We offered him asylum when he arrived, the system then said he must apply when he reached 18, he applied, it was rejected.

The system states he should be deported to his homeland which is Afghanistan due to his parents heritage as he is not acknowledged by Iran(where i assume he was born) due to his parents been illegal immigrants there.

Cruel? maybe but the due process has been followed correctly by the UK government. People are happy when it works in their favour but occassionally it doesnt.

He presented his case, it was rejected by the state.

I have nothing personal against this person but the thread was orignally about his lawyers going to a European court on grounds to overrule the UK courts.

But was it his choice ?

Question.. do you think he should be sent back to Afghanistan?

If it wasnt his choice then who's was it.

What we think is immaterial, the governement is following the procedures laid down in law.

its funny no matter who the person is the reason theyre here or allowed to stay theres the same old people that are up in arms.

just the stigma of the words "asylum seeker"

In International law a person fleeing for their safety are entitled to refuge in the FIRST safe country so all these people who come to the U.K. are NOT refugees or genuine asylum seekers they are economic migrants who are trying to get the best deal that they can for they future. People who do this have no right to stay in this country when they are refused leave to stay other wise we could have 30 or 40 million Japanese people who would have a far better case to stay here coming over and our island does not have the infrastructure to cope as we will soon be the most densely populated country on earth. There may be solution to this situation if they were able to be sponsored by a U.K. citizen who would pay a bond and guarantee that they would provide everything these economic migrants require for the first 5 years of their stay here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-12751126

Since when has denouncing Islam been grounds for staying? if he has been refused permission to stay then what gorunds is he basing his legal challenge to stay for?

this is not an anti immigration rant before anyone jumps on, i saw some people outside town hall yesterday with some banners so thought i woudl have a look. Its reported that his defence is that he wouldn't be safe because he has denounced Islam.

How is that dangerous and whats to stop him re-embracing it?

does this person work or will i and thousands of others be keeping him as per usual, send em all back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What on earth had that got to do with the discussion.?

i was referring to the post about hanging him based on the fact that the poster had been run over by an asylum seeker! that post has now mysteriously disapeared making mine seem rather random :huh:

It was mentioned in the news papers, that he had no friends-- relations or knew anyone in the countrys mentioned. One of the reasons he cound't return.

DID HE HAVE ANY OF THE ABOVE HERE???.

i was referring to the post about hanging him based on the fact that the poster had been run over by an asylum seeker! that post has now mysteriously disapeared making mine seem rather random :huh:

Ah i see now - apologies

I think the mods have tried to keep this one on topic by getting rid of some of the more moronic replies