Sheffield asylum seeker gets last minute reprieve

noone made him denounce Islam, the male involved has made his Asylum application to stay in the UK on the grounds he has denounced Islam and therefore he may be in danger in returning to Afghanistan/Iran. The grounds of his application are his own choice.

who was the woman on the news then claiming she took him in & adopted him?:huh: sounds like theyre twisting the story to let him stay here permanently

no idea who she was

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-12751126

Since when has denouncing Islam been grounds for staying? if he has been refused permission to stay then what gorunds is he basing his legal challenge to stay for?

this is not an anti immigration rant before anyone jumps on, i saw some people outside town hall yesterday with some banners so thought i woudl have a look. Its reported that his defence is that he wouldn't be safe because he has denounced Islam.

How is that dangerous and whats to stop him re-embracing it?

I think the young girl campaigner that appeared on tv is his girl friend ..of course she wants him to stay ! doesnt belong here .

What? have you read the posts or thread?

His legal team has said that he is at risk because HE has denounced his faith. Noone else

hahahah i admit no i didnt read the thing, may have slightly jumped to a conclusion or two, mah bad

I wonder how much his legal bill has cost us :(

Not cost him anything.

Seven month journey to get here. How many safe countries did he pass through I wonder?

Seven month journey to get here. How many safe countries did he pass through I wonder?

This is what makes it complete and total rubbish. If he really was fleeing the country because of a danger posed to himself then he surely would have stayed in the nearest safe place. But no, he has travelled 7 months with the full intent of getting to Britain and staying here where he would be afforded an easy ride.

Plus, possibly, maybe being in danger of being attacked because of your religious views should not be a reason to grant someone asylum. There are plenty of countries where people have the possibility of being attacked for various reasons on a daily basis but we can't just relocate them all to democratic western countries

Not cost him anything.

I know :roll:

I dont think the extremists scour the Sheffield Star to see who has said what about whom? There are "extremists" here who could hunt him down and kill him so why is he safe here especially since he is getting the publicity?

If he keeps himself to himself then no-one would even know.

I wasn't insinuating that we forced anything on him, my point was, what is to stop him deciding to re-embrace the faith (or any other faith for that matter), say hmmmmm after the Human rights courts allow him to stay in the country?

A bad and wrong decision !by this southern based judge quote(Mr Yosefi has claimed he grew up in Iran as the son of illegal Afghan refugees, before fleeing to the UK.Nice here isnt it free handouts ! civilised country!what more could you want!

This is very far from the truth. His family left Arghanistan because they were an ethnic minority which I believe is not actually islamic. The Taliban at the time were systematically wiping out his people from the surface of the planet. The area his people came from is still under Taliban control. As an ethnic minority who doesn't know the culture of the country, and has no support in the country he is unlikely to last there very long.

This is very far from the truth. His family left Arghanistan because they were an ethnic minority which I believe is not actually islamic. The Taliban at the time were systematically wiping out his people from the surface of the planet. The area his people came from is still under Taliban control. As an ethnic minority who doesn't know the culture of the country, and has no support in the country he is unlikely to last there very long.

Young British men and women are going out there risking their lives fighting the evil that is The Taliban, whilst their young men of fighting age are coming in the opposite direction for a nice life in the UK. Shouldn't he join the Afghan National Army to fight the Taliban?