Firefox getting bloated - any better Browsers out there?

I might try this out actually:

http://www.lunascape.tv/Home.aspx

http://support.lunascape.tv/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=702

It's a relatively 'new kid' on the block and they are just venturing out into the 'international' market. It's my second preference to Opera. I understand Chrome monitors your browsing habits - so much for opting out of 'phorm'!:hihi:

swarfendor43

Chrome for me, like ***** off a shovel compared to IE8, though some sites just don't play nice with chrome, eg my work web outlook email don't like it.

Chrome for me, like ***** off a shovel compared to IE8, though some sites just don't play nice with chrome, eg my work web outlook email don't like it.

Then try Opera - you can make your web outlook email believe it is Internet Explorer is accessing it:

Tools/Quick Preferences/Edit Site Preferences - Network Tab/Identify as Internet Explorer (or mask as Internet Explorer).

swarfendor43

I would recommend Opera, Chrome or Firefox for use in windows, if you're having trouble with FF loading slowly then try this... ...

http://firefox-preloader.en.softonic.com/

This works quietly in the background at startup and helps speed up the launch of FF if you use it a lot.

I would (of course) recommend ditching windows completely and installing/using a better OS!

Hope this helps(?)

;-)

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Google Chrome is awesome. I try not to use any other browsers since I discovered it.

at the moment, webkit based browsers are the fastest at rendering web pages. Google chrome is the most popular of those ones. There is also safari, but I never recomend apple products.

I am using firefox 4 RC1. It's quite slow, and it's getting irritating. Chrome lacks the functionality I require though, but allot are filled with addons. It even has our favourite add blocking addon. Unfortunately it lacks decent base functionality like fox has... for me though it is only missing a decent session saver.

As for IE, use it at your own risk. As for rendering, IE is the slowest engine of the lot.

WOW! Thanks all :thumbsup:

After reading the responses I think I am going to give Opera another try (tried it when first launched and just could not get on with it compared to FF) and if I can't work with it try Chrome.

Many thanks to all - I will let you know how I get on.:cool:

Now I know it sounds a bit crazy but I think I'm gonna confuse you even more now:hihi::hihi:. Have downloaded IE9 last night and it's awesome! A lot quicker, supporting HTML5 and has implemented hardware acceleration. I'll play with it some more when get back from work tonight. Another afternoon shift for me :mad:

- look at the responses below the vid.

plus see: http://my.opera.com/Tamil/blog/ad-block

swarfendor43

Good to know! Might try out Opera and Luna on my netbook. Opera certainly renders flash and javascript heavy pages faster than Firefox. I'm guessing there's a fix to it automatically going back a page when you use 'backspace' in a text box?

The person in the video is annoying though, pronouncing it 'Oprah' lol. What's with that?

Firefox 3.6 is utter garbage, but Firefox 4 fixed all the problems for me.

Firfox always seems to go through these phases, where the first new version is good, minor updates are fine but then when they release the bigger half-way releases (eg 3.5) things start to go down hill. Then they release another new major version which fixes everything again.

I personally am using Firefox 4 and Chrome, but still mostly Firefox due to the extensive number of addons I have installed on it.