What Sheffield landmark demolished by the council do you miss most

Ladybirds,Yes, there was that, but only one? right?

yea, 35-40 year ago i visited it , every time i went in to Sheffield. As a youngster was memorised by that cat fish.

A long with Redgates and Millhouse park Lido part of my childhood !! all gone, i must be really really old !

I am not familiar with most of the places in Sheffield, but of the ones you mention I do recall the “hole in the road” in the 70s. Was it perhaps the only one of it’s kind ? That being a subway with features, like the fish tank. These days, in many areas that sort of attraction would attract vandals and the like.

I guess for me it would have to be the iconic cooling towers that were at Tinsley. Not very pretty, but a landmark none the less. I used to go by them twice each day for 24 years working at Shepcote Lane. They also feature in the Full Monty. Aren’t they also in the film called “Amongst Giants” ?

I guess for me it would have to be the iconic cooling towers that were at Tinsley. Not very pretty, but a landmark eyesore none the less.

Fixed for you.

How can cooling towers be "iconic". It's like calling the lamp post at the end of your street iconic (when there are identical ones in every other flippin' street all over the country).

Hate to break it to the isolationist Sheffielders on here but other places had cooling towers as well. Often more than two.