What Sheffield landmark demolished by the council do you miss most

The lovely meadows on Shirecliffe, now a land fill site. My sister wrote this poem, just before she died, it says everything!!

Did you see the meadow where we used to play?

Our beautiful meadows of yesterday.

Under the trees, on velvet grass

Gathering wild flowers, how the time has passed.

Washing our hands in the little stream.

Playing our games of May Queen'

Sally six bricks, rounders and cricket.

Meadows so pure in natures glory

Now tell a different story.

Time and re-development go on,

Meadows of yesterday, gone

It's now a tip with rubbish on!!

The lovely meadows on Shirecliffe, now a land fill site. My sister wrote this poem, just before she died, it says everything!!

Did you see the meadow where we used to play?

Our beautiful meadows of yesterday.

Under the trees, on velvet grass

Gathering wild flowers, how the time has passed.

Washing our hands in the little stream.

Playing our games of May Queen'

Sally six bricks, rounders and cricket.

Meadows so pure in natures glory

Now tell a different story.

Time and re-development go on,

Meadows of yesterday, gone

It's now a tip with rubbish on!!

Sad tale wynne, perhaps the meadows will come back when the tips have gone let hope so.

Sheffield Castle..

And the old Peace garden/ Town hall covered in Victorian tram stops...

Sheffield Castle Grinder,even i can,t remember that but the proper tram that took us to all four corners of Sheffield that was a loss.

Do you remember the cow catcher that used to drop down on the front of the tram and the seats you just had to to move the back so as you was always facing the front.

Some of the things mentioned up to now show that progress is not always progress.

Sheffield Castle Grinder,even i can,t remember that but the proper tram that took us to all four corners of Sheffield that was a loss.

Do you remember the cow catcher that used to drop down on the front of the tram and the seats you just had to to move the back so as you was always facing the front.

Some of the things mentioned up to now show that progress is not always progress.

What I loved on the Tram was the big bays upstairs back and front, then when he got a lick of speed up on a straight bit of track there was that slight sway from side to side.

Oh and if the driver forgot to take that stud in the floor that rang the bell with him......Heaven

The old Coles corner the place to meet in town and the hole in the road the place to meet that replaced it.

It still makes me smile when i think of all the lads and lasses stood on Coles Corner as they looked at Kemsley House clock every couple of minutes waiting for a date that did not turn up and then that final lookaround before scurrying of to Pond Street and a miserable bus ride home.

At least in the oile in the rooad ! you could keep dry and look at the Pirana.

As i walk around Sheffield i wax lyrical at what we have lost and this sets me thinking which building do you miss most is it The Empire Theatre, The Gaumont Cinema, The Lacarno,The wedding Cake or perhaps the Rex Cinema,To some it could be The Co Op at Castle House or perhaps The Dial House club. or is it , the Camebridge Arcade with Barney Goodmans at the top .And then we come to The Town Hall extension were we could pay our rent and rates or see a building inspector or the bin department all under the same roof.These Sheffield landmarks have all gone in the name of progress along with my own special faviorite that i miss every time i walk down High St the old Hole in the road .Whats yours!

As far as I know they haven't demolished castle house, it was still there last week. Some, well most, of its shut but the food hall, travel agents and the post office are still open and think theres still a section that sells footbal gear