Where is 'Science' taking us ?

New Scientist today reports on a portable brain scanner small enough to be worn by rats and rabbits while they're engaged in their usual business.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20227-first-wearable-brain-scanner-lets-rats-run-free.html

"The team is also hoping to develop wearable scanners for people and monkeys, so they too can move around and engage in activities while their brains are being scanned. "We're considering this at the moment," says Schlyer. "It would be something like a football helmet." "

Of course this development need only be of concern to those of us who have a brain. (Thought I'd better get that in before some other Smart Alec does :rolleyes::hihi:).

Where is science taking us?

The way of portable brain scanners by the sound of it. Think of all the people who would normally have to travel to a hospital for a brain scan, some people who need one can't even get out of the house. Good work science!

New Scientist today reports on a portable brain scanner small enough to be worn by rats and rabbits while they're engaged in their usual business.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20227-first-wearable-brain-scanner-lets-rats-run-free.html

"The team is also hoping to develop wearable scanners for people and monkeys, so they too can move around and engage in activities while their brains are being scanned. "We're considering this at the moment," says Schlyer. "It would be something like a football helmet." "

Of course this development need only be of concern to those of us who have a brain. (Thought I'd better get that in before some other Smart Alec does :rolleyes::hihi:).

sounds ideal for cameron and clegg

Forward as always.

That is tautologous. Scientific "advance" is defined as new discoveries and new technology, so it's impossibly by definition for science to go anywhere other than forward.

Understanding of the world. Control. Wealth. Happiness. Science is where its all happening. Respect.

Science has achieved nothing till some one invents instant dehydrated lager.

I love a pint but it's a bit much having to carry all that excess weight of water back packing.

That is tautologous. Scientific "advance" is defined as new discoveries and new technology, so it's impossibly by definition for science to go anywhere other than forward.

Depends upon your perspective I suppose. Were I a Luddite then I would consider scientific advance to be to our collective detriment - As I'm a rational individual, I feel that, tautologous or not, science only brings advancement.

Depends upon your perspective I suppose.

Well, no. That's the whole point. A tautologous statement is true by definition and is worthless.

Depends upon your perspective I suppose. Were I a Luddite then I would consider scientific advance to be to our collective detriment - As I'm a rational individual, I feel that, tautologous or not, science only brings advancement.

I like it when the bubbles go round the spirally test-tube thing :D

Well, no. That's the whole point. A tautologous statement is true by definition and is worthless.

But my point is that truth depends upon who you talk to. Put a scientist, muslim, christian and a mormon in a room and see the truth fly.

I like it when the bubbles go round the spirally test-tube thing :D

I like those smoking liquid concoctions that Dr. Jekyll drinks. It's the sort of thing I can imagine Amy Winehouse drinking.