Personal trainer MEGATHREAD

Would you use a personal trainer and how much would you pay?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a personal trainer and how much would you pay?

• Yes - £20-£30
    • Yes - £30 - £35
    • Yes - £35+
    • No

just want to start some sort of survey to see if people of sheffield would use a personal trainer , how much they would pay one? and how often would you use one? do we have the faith in what a personal trainer can do for you. please get in touch with your ideas. thank you for the time

come on people give me you info

I would use a persnoal trainer to give me tips on how to do some exercises properly but i dont think that i would use one really often. I suppose it depends on the price. i dont know what the going rate for personal trainers is. I was thinking about this when i was on my morning run. I have only just started running and was just thinking about how i would like someone to show me how i SHOULD be running and not me doing what i think is right.

=]

Yes I would love a personal trainer. Mostly for an hour in the park exercising, making sure I am doing the RIGHT exercises. Not really into running but power walking. Yeh i would use a personal trainer definitely once a week, maybe twice a week. How much could I expect to pay for one per hour

I get somewhat baffled as to why people would want to pay a personal trainer money to either run round a park, or even walk round a park. Surely you would either be best running with a friend, or if its only walking you wish to do, take a dog with you (a neighbours dog, or friends dog).

If I ever need help, I just have a chat with others in the gym or the people who work there.

I get somewhat baffled as to why people would want to pay a personal trainer money to either run round a park, or even walk round a park. Surely you would either be best running with a friend, or if its only walking you wish to do, take a dog with you (a neighbours dog, or friends dog).

Because some people need the motivation. Also its difficult to run with other people of they have different fitness levels to you. With regards to taking the dog a walk thats great if you have a mega energetic dog. My dog loves to go out for a walk, but it's more of a sniff fest and we have to stop every three seconds. I walk my dog three times a day for 45 mins each time and it's made bugger al difference to my fitness.

I would and do use personal trainer. But I do find the price a little high. If it were more reasonably priced I would use one regularly.

Its seems a huge sum of money to pay, simply to have someone motivate you.

I see your point about the dog sniffing everything, however the dog will follow you as thats its instinct. I sometimes get asked to go round the park for an hour which I'm happy to do (easy money), but to me if you are paying an amount of money for a personal trainer, you should expect alot more for your money than simply a jogging partner.

Edited by Shef_Fitness

Its seems a huge sum of money to pay, simply to have someone motivate you.

I see your point about the dog sniffing everything, however the dog will follow you as thats its instinct. I sometimes get asked to go round the park for an hour which I'm happy to do (easy money), but to me if you are paying an amount of money for a personal trainer, you should expect alot more for your money than simply a jogging partner.

Oh yes, I agree. Personally I don't run with a personal trainer. I run by myself, but I did find it a big hurdle to overcome at first. Now I don't care cos I'm really enjoying it. I do boxing training twice a week with personal trainers. I think the biggest thing to overcome if you are not a naturally sporty person is the motivation to actually get off your ar*e and do it! If you have someone that you have committed to then it makes you go.

the last ptrainer i looked up was charging 40 pounds an hour, have never spoken to him since lol

I would use a personal trainer, really want to get fit and have home gym and weight bench but need someone to kick me up the butt to make me go on the days i cant be bothered. probably use them once or twice a week, would only want to pay no more then a tenner an hour! lol (typical yorkshire man!)