Cholesteatoma in both ears

well ive got some hearing back and it seems to be getting betta every day, still got the numbness feeling around my ear thou, but thats to be expected. just got to knock smoking on the head now after i worked myself up so much before the op i restarted again after 2 years :-(

thanks for everything :-)

All sounds very promising! Take it easy mate and good luck with the stopping smoking! xx

So sorry to read this thread, I've never heard of this complaint..:(

Just hope you all keep getting better and better...keep positive..:thumbsup:

Most people have never heard of it (unless they or someone they know has had it) its not easy to diagnose either, most sufferers require ct scans to find it because its so dificult to spot, its also called "the hidden disease" because of this.

xx

well ive got some hearing back and it seems to be getting betta every day, still got the numbness feeling around my ear thou, but thats to be expected. just got to knock smoking on the head now after i worked myself up so much before the op i restarted again after 2 years :-(

thanks for everything :-)

Well if you stopped smoking once you so at least know that you can do it so good luck.:)

I have signed the form for my next op but Mr Yeardley said the waiting time was not long but he didn't know how long have you any idea how long I am likely to have to wait. I was supposed to wait five months when I had my left ear done but it was only two months in the end as they fitted me in at short notice. It is now 3 weeks since I was last in clinic but have not yet had a letter telling me how many months it will be.

I phoned up today and was told that it would be towards the end of May I am just hoping that it goes as well as my first one now.

I phoned up today and was told that it would be towards the end of May I am just hoping that it goes as well as my first one now.

good luck silly, let us know how you get on.

I had a call from the hospital this afternoon to book an appointment or my son to have some custom made earplugs for swimming and bathing, hopefully they will be made before the holidays x

good luck silly, let us know how you get on.

I had a call from the hospital this afternoon to book an appointment or my son to have some custom made earplugs for swimming and bathing, hopefully they will be made before the holidays x

I hope that he does get them in time Lyndix given his age it must be awful not being able to swim without worrying. I was told that I could go swimming as they had put some cartilage in or something so have not needed ear plugs just hope that this one is the same. I have to dry them well with a hairdryer though but not much trouble when I blow dry my hair.:D

At the minute my son isn't allowed to go swimming at all but the good news is that we have an appointment on monday morning to have moulds taken of his ears, they should be ready the week after! yayy! x

How's your son getting on now lyndix do his ear plugs help? I have now had my pre op and am having the operation on 29th May. Mr Yardley said that I might not have to stay in overnight as long as I have someone at home to look after me. The nurse at the pre op said I ought to take some overnight things as she thought it unlikely that I would be out same day. I only stayed in overnight when I had my first one done but I had a massive bandage on my head which they removed just before I came home. I don't fancy coming home with that on and taking it off myself the next day but then again I don't want to have to go back the next day to have it taken off in hospital. Oh well I will find out soon enough :(

Well I have just had the operation on my right ear had it done on Tuesday first op of the day and came out that night. The pain seems much worse than I remembered it in my left ear and this time I have stitches up the front of my ear last time they were right round the back. I was told that the operation went well but obviously won't know till I go back to have the packing out on the 19th June so fingers crossed. As now I am deaf in my right ear.

It must be awful having pain in your ear,i hope they have prescribed adequate pain relief.Our ears are so precious,I hope you make a quick and full recovery.:)

Well I have just had the operation on my right ear had it done on Tuesday first op of the day and came out that night. The pain seems much worse than I remembered it in my left ear and this time I have stitches up the front of my ear last time they were right round the back. I was told that the operation went well but obviously won't know till I go back to have the packing out on the 19th June so fingers crossed. As now I am deaf in my right ear.

Hope everythings ok silly and the scarring isn't too bad.

Heres to a quick recovery xxx

How's your son getting on now lyndix do his ear plugs help? I have now had my pre op and am having the operation on 29th May. Mr Yardley said that I might not have to stay in overnight as long as I have someone at home to look after me. The nurse at the pre op said I ought to take some overnight things as she thought it unlikely that I would be out same day. I only stayed in overnight when I had my first one done but I had a massive bandage on my head which they removed just before I came home. I don't fancy coming home with that on and taking it off myself the next day but then again I don't want to have to go back the next day to have it taken off in hospital. Oh well I will find out soon enough :(

sorry silly, have only just seen this post (not been on much) am glad your op went well, bet you were glad to get out the same day, its much easier to sleep at home isn't it?

Please keep us updated on your recovery.

My son recently went to collect his plugs, they are pretty awesome, they fill the whole of the ear and create an airtight seal so he will be able to try them out this weekend when we go swimming. Unfortunately this is the first time he will be trying them, as when we went to collect them and be shown how to fit them, they discovered he had another infection (in the left ear that was operated on) so he has ben on antibiotics for that. Seems to be clear now though, fingers crossed it stays that way!

Good luck silly and take care xxx