Cholesteatoma in both ears

Hope it all goes well :-)

---------- Post added 09-03-2014 at 22:55 ----------

Hope it all goes well :-)

Thanks Johnny, me too.

It's his first time at adult hospital now he's 16 so I think we will both find it a bit more difficult!

Hope you are keeping well luv x

---------- Post added 20-03-2014 at 07:18 ----------

My boy had his op on Monday. all went well and the think they managed to remove all of the disease after 4 1/2 hours in theatre.

He's battered n bruised but recovering well.

He's been an absolute trooper! Xx

Edited by lyndix

Returned to hospital yesterday to have the packing removed from his left ear to find yet another infection in there, it's never-ending!

On a brighter note, they managed to remove the disease and the wound is very neat and healing well! X

Only just seen this Lyndix sorry that your son is having so much trouble I hope that this is the last of his operations for one so young he has had to go through so much. My last check up was good and I don't have to go again till next February but the doctors I am seeing now don't seem as good as the ones I used to see. They even asked me how often I needed to have it checked.

Only just seen this Lyndix sorry that your son is having so much trouble I hope that this is the last of his operations for one so young he has had to go through so much. My last check up was good and I don't have to go again till next February but the doctors I am seeing now don't seem as good as the ones I used to see. They even asked me how often I needed to have it checked.

Ahh SILLY thats great news you are all clear, lets hope it stays that way. Are you under the hallamshire hospital? My lads consultant is fab.

Unfortunately his infection is not under control yet, they put silver nitrate ointment in it and he has 2 different antibiotics, we have to go back in 2 weeks for some more ..... fingers crossed it clears it xx

Hi Lyndix yes it is the Hallamshire hospital I am under and the consultant Mr Yeardley is great but I have not seen him since my last op. I have just been getting an assortment of more junior doctors but I suppose if there was something wrong I would soon get sorted . They are nice enough but they don't give me the assurance of the older doctors. Hope that the silver nitrate and antibiotics do the trick for your son I bet he is getting really fed up now.

My son has the operation for his BAHA next friday. They are also gonna take another look at his left side whilst hes under general anaesthetic as he has yet another infection.

Will keep ya updated.

Hope you're well SILLY xx

Was just thinking about you the other day. Hope all goes well for him and I'm sure that you'll let us know. I'm doing well thanks only having to go once a year again.

Medical advice is best from a medical practitioner, always.

Angel1

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

Angel1

Eh??

Erm???

Angel1

ANGELFIRE1. You have posted on this subject before and if you read the post from the beginning will see that we have all had medical advice . Also have had operations and are talking about our on going treatment. It's more of a support group.

Johnny 121 Hope that you are going on ok now.