Cholesteatoma in both ears

Op went well yesterday.

There was a slight problem with his blood pressure (nothing that a good feed couldn't sort out) but they let him home last night.

He was more concerned with how he looked as they had to shave a large portion of his hair. So this morning I have been out shopping to buy him a designer beanie hat to cover it all :)

He is doing really well though, am so proud of him.

When we go back in 2 weeks we will find out how the exploratory op of his left ear went and see what they found. Fingers crossed it was just a really bad infection xx

Glad that it all went ok lyndix I can understand him being bothered about how he looks but I'm sure his hair will soon grow back. The main thing is that they have managed to clear all the infection or whatever in his left ear now. Fingers crossed for your next visit and hope that he gets on well with his BAHA.

Thanks Silly. Had a call from the hospital today saying he needs to go back monday for dressing removed n wound to be checked.

Hope you are well luv xx

---------- Post added 25-09-2014 at 13:08 ----------

Appointment went well today. His wound is very neat and healing well (he's even going for his haircut today to see if they can blend in the shaved area).

His ear had some infection and discharge but thankfully they found no disease! :clap:

We go back in a couple of weeks for the wound checking but he was really positive. Fingers crossed he should have his BAHA in a few weeks!

Hope you are all well xx

Glad all went well Lyndix and that there was no disease. Fingers crossed that he is not to long waiting for his BAHA fitting and hope that he sees a big improvement in his hearing.

WOW!!!My lad now has his BAHA, n what a fantastic piece of kit it is!!

He's still getting used to it but loving it already. Has a special gadget to sync to his phone/iPad n music/calls etc go straight to his BAHA........No more music shaking the house lol

Unfortunately his left ear is still causing problems and is extremely wet. He has to Have fortnightly microsuction for the next 3 months to try and dry it out. Fingers crossed!!@

Hope the rest of you are well xx

Brilliant news lindix I'm sure that it will open up a whole new world to him and a much quieter one for you. Sorry to hear that he is still having problems with his left ear though and hope that they can manage to sort it for him.

Here we go again!!!:(

Cholesteatoma has returned in my lads left side (again). This will be the fourth time he has had it, the third on his left side. They have been trying to clear infection and dry the ear but it's just not been possible to keep the disease at bay. He has to go every week for microsuction until surgery (sometime in the next few weeks) to try n keep it under control.

He does everything he's supposed to, keeps it dry, hairdryer daily, no cotton buds etc. I really wish I could take it away for him xx

Oh, poor lad, having to go through life with this happening so frequently. You must dread check ups :(

Sorry I've got nothing to add but some sympathy.

So sorry to hear this lyndix when I was at the clinic on the 9th of May there was a teenage boy called in just before me and I wondered if it was your son. I had just gone for my yearly check and thankfully it just needed a bit of wax clearing out. I'm sure that he will not be waiting to long but as a mother and grandmother myself I really feel for you both and hope that this time they really get it sorted. Thinking of you both.x

Thanks for you r kind words medusa, we are absolutely devastated that he has to go through this again, he's been so strong.

Yes silly, it sounds like my son. Thank you so much for your support, it's good to hear from someone that's actually gone through it.

Thank you xx

My son's appointment last week had them all worrying that something else may be going on as well as the disease, as a polyp that was tiny the previous week had grown considerably (so much that they couldn't see past it)

His operation has been brought forward as much as possible and will be on the 15th May.

This will be his 4th time.

Fingers crossed it's his last xx

Thinking of you and hoping that this time they manage to clear it completely. It must be playing havoc with his life as well as being a very worrying time for you. xx