HARRY'S BACK! at the lane

blade2007

Good to see Harry back, so many great memories from his first spell here - he had such a special rapport with the fans, and did it all on a fraction of what Warnock had at his disposal.

I heard earlier that MA brought in Bassett in a similar role when he was at Leicester, and ended up in promotion to the top flight... now while that's a million miles away at the mo, getting us out of the smelly stuff is certainly achievable, and i'm sure there'll be a buzz at the Lane on Saturday if he's presented to the crowd. A win will make a massive difference to the confidence of the team and the supporters at the moment.

King Kenny is showing that sometimes you can go back and have a positive effect, and what's the harm in trying - if we still lose games, it's not like it's any worse than it was!

UTB

Adams said: "He's back because there's not enough hours in the day for me. I've found the club bigger than I thought and his experience and the way we work together, as we've done before at Leicester and Nottingham Forest, will be valuable to me.

"When you're manager at Port Vale you probably get three calls a day and one of those is from the wife asking me what time I'm coming home for my tea, but when you're struggling at the bottom of the table and trying to organise scouting, talking to other managers, worrying about travel.

"There's a lot of aspects to management other than putting 11 lads out on a pitch on a Saturday. Harry will come in and work alongside me, we'll talk about tactics, players and what we do on the training ground.

"I'm not bringing him in to take the pressure of myself and he's not a threat to my job. It's something I wanted to do, the board have bought into it and we welcome him back."

Just read the above quote from MA on tribalfootball

Adams said: "He's back because there's not enough hours in the day for me. I've found the club bigger than I thought and his experience and the way we work together, as we've done before at Leicester and Nottingham Forest, will be valuable to me.

"When you're manager at Port Vale you probably get three calls a day and one of those is from the wife asking me what time I'm coming home for my tea, but when you're struggling at the bottom of the table and trying to organise scouting, talking to other managers, worrying about travel.

"There's a lot of aspects to management other than putting 11 lads out on a pitch on a Saturday. Harry will come in and work alongside me, we'll talk about tactics, players and what we do on the training ground.

"I'm not bringing him in to take the pressure of myself and he's not a threat to my job. It's something I wanted to do, the board have bought into it and we welcome him back."

Just read the above quote from MA on tribalfootball

After reading that 8ball I honestly believe we have the right man in MA to get us out of the robert barr (bob barr for those who are going :huh: )

Sounds like he got in maybe a little over his head and isn't afraid to ask for help ...Loved that bit about 3 calls a day and one was his missus :hihi::hihi:

Good to see Harry back, so many great memories from his first spell here - he had such a special rapport with the fans, and did it all on a fraction of what Warnock had at his disposal.

I heard earlier that MA brought in Bassett in a similar role when he was at Leicester, and ended up in promotion to the top flight... now while that's a million miles away at the mo, getting us out of the smelly stuff is certainly achievable, and i'm sure there'll be a buzz at the Lane on Saturday if he's presented to the crowd. A win will make a massive difference to the confidence of the team and the supporters at the moment.

King Kenny is showing that sometimes you can go back and have a positive effect, and what's the harm in trying - if we still lose games, it's not like it's any worse than it was!

UTB

didn't Harry Rednapp also have 3 managers people looking after his team at portsmouth?

they've worked together before, I get the idea Adams may have even suggested getting harry in rather than him looming over him waiting for him to slip up as some posters have suggested. I can't imagine at his age he'd want to be in charge of the first team anyway