Sheffield Council to decide the fate of your ANPR data

And, as people have continually tried to make you aware, just because you can do something, it doesn't mean you should do it. Yet you fail to grasp such a simple concept:loopy:

No, I understand it very well.

What you seem to fail to understand is just because you and a handful of other people disagree with something, it doesn't mean that it should not be done.

I understand some people's reservations about this type of system and I have made sure that the people running the SYITS project are very aware of these concerns and are actively looking at ways they can address them.

And that's all you read in the entire post? You going to do punch me? I then have your DNA and get you prison, promise, I won't link you DNA to your person and only monitor where your DNS is going. You understand DNA is not personal data, I'll use it for statistics only off course.

Yes, exactly as I said, you're clearly the kind of person who hides behind a keyboard and monitor, without the strength of conviction or character to argue your case in the real world. That's the difference between you and me, I actually go out there and have the debate with real people in real life.

Why don't you try saying something constructive and give the whinging, nit picking, point scoring and petty name calling a rest?

Yes, exactly as I said, you're clearly the kind of person who hides behind a keyboard and monitor, without the strength of conviction or character to argue your case in the real world. That's the difference between you and me, I actually go out there and have the debate with real people in real life.

Why don't you try saying something constructive and give the whinging, nit picking, point scoring and petty name calling a rest?

You wanted to see me clearly in an aggressive manner, I have no issues meeting you other than I think you're a pitiful example of a civil servant, a bit of a pleonasm but let's move on from the view that all civil servants are rubbish. I didn't I didn't want to see you I offered my cheek so you may embed your genetic code into my face so that I may place charges against you.

There is a difference between you and me, I work for a private sector and am thus not accountable to the taxpayer, you are since you work for us. Don't go brandishing your labour union sword in the air because the evil protectorate has dared to criticise the valiant work of our glorious civil service. You remain a pathetic person, providing little value for money to all of us, you waste resources, time, exercise little common sense when looking at problems the public faces.

I don't need a debate, I have no confidence in your capabilities, I have no sympathies over your work, I disagree with your decisions.

If by whinging you mean disagreeing then you won't see me stop any time soon if you carry on the course your are on of wasting public money and installing wasteful and useless schemes. I'm not here for point scoring, I left primary school twenty years ago, I'm here to settle things: if you want to install a speed bump I am against it, if you want to close a road, I am against it, if you want to install traffic lights, I am against it, if you want to reduce road width and speed I am against it. You know exactly what I'll say when a project is talked about as the work is always the same: against the public, agaisnt users, against people, you do nothing to improve any one's lives.

I can't even come and see you, I can;t drive there, you've closed the road, put a diversion. Give over, I've met with my councillors, we've been on walks to see the problems in my area don't go talking about not going outside. You're a pitiful pencil pusher and you dare tell me to leave the office? It took one person to moan at the council to get some of Sheffield worst surfaced roads to be cheaply resurfaced: me. Beat it.

I understand some people's reservations about this type of system and I have made sure that the people running the SYITS project are very aware of these concerns and are actively looking at ways they can address them.
Address them by giving the money back so it can be used properly?

Such venom:

• a pitiful example of a civil servant,

• all civil servants are rubbish.

• a pathetic person, providing little value for money

• you waste resources, time, exercise little common sense

• wasting public money

• installing wasteful and useless schemes

• against the public,

• agaisnt users,

• against people

• you do nothing to improve any one's lives.

I wonder where it all comes from.

The Police already have a fully operational ANPR system, which:

• DOES link number plates to keeper details
  • DOES feed information on your movements into a national database
  • DOES record video images of you

The Council's system does none of the above, but you show no concern whatsoever about the Police system

This assurance is nowhere near good enough. The whole point of the database state is that once my data is collected, I have no idea what is done with it. I don't know how many people will handle it, how many departments it will be passed to, how it will be "processed", how it will all be linked together or how long it will be stored for. Even if it's not being used much at the moment, I don't know whether twelve months from now there'll be a new senior manager who wants to find more "dynamic" ways of using it. I don't know whether it will eventually be used in exactly the same way as the police use their ANPR data and frankly, I'm not going to take your word or the word of any other bureaucrat about it.

It's my data and it belongs to me. You are not entitled to have that level of information about me and I deny you permission to have it. I don't care how much fun you have modelling it or how shiny your traffic models are. I don't care how secure you believe that your system is or how great you think your software is. I don't care whether you believe you've got the greatest algorithm since traffic modelling began. Get your hands off my data and remember your place as a public servant.

You are not entitled to have that level of information about me and I deny you permission to have it.

Well, yes and no.

Yes we are entiltled to have that data and no, we don't need your permission.

Your replies.

And there was I, thinking it might be the Mysterons!

This whole thread has now become an exercise in obfuscation and avoidance by planner1. If you have a concern then email the ico and your councillor, there's nothing more to be gained here as p1 either isn't listening or doesn't care.

This whole thread has now become an exercise in obfuscation and avoidance by planner1. If you have a concern then email the ico and your councillor, there's nothing more to be gained here as p1 either isn't listening or doesn't care.

Read post #290.

As I've said previously, people's concerns have been brought to the attention of the appropriate Council Officers, who are now looking to see how they could be addressed. There's nothing more that can reasonably be done at this stage.

The smaller circular cameras with silver/whitish casing, is to catch you if your tax is up to date, you may see them on every roundabout and some been placed on top of traffic lights

Well, yes and no.

Yes we are entiltled to have that data and no, we don't need your permission.

that comment totally sums up the attitude of the council -we will do what we want and sod the people who voted us in to power.

1984 has arrived