Support Niche Back To Sidney Street Campaign

I think we should be fair here - the majority of people who go to 'Niche' style nights are perfectly reasonable and would never dream of stabbing someone or selling illegal commodities.

HOWEVER.

Just because its a members-only club, doesn't change the 'business dealings' of some people associated with all aspects of the club, from organizing to simply going for entertainment purposes.

The ones who cause trouble need to be taken off the streets, not bound over or given community rehab orders after being found with Class-A drugs or having been nicked after clouting someone.

Do you have had to have been to see the numerous stabbings & serious assaults, and hear about the Class A-C drug dealing?

Yes, I thought that would have been quite obvious to see how wrong you are.

Yes, I thought that would have been quite obvious to see how wrong you are.

So I imagined that police tape outside then, and the stuff in the press?

Edited by damo

i used to go back in the late 90s. i spent my millennium new year there. it was THE nightclub back then along with capitol. both owned by the baxendales.

slowly started to go downhill though. more and more trouble happening every weekend.

the usual, up for it crowd fizzled out into proper weirdos wanting to fight all the time.

best left unopened. cant revive an old dog.

I'm confused. I thought that Niche had been granted a licence on the grounds it introduced a membership scheme.

Have the licensing committee revoked the licence?

If not then why has it closed? If it's a case of the business no longer covering it's costs then it won't be re-opening as I can't see the licensing committee going back from its decision to insist on it becoming a members club.

bout time it was put to sleep i think, they're aint no such thing as niche now anyway. the music they release as niche now is utter cr@p.

baxendales lol!

What's REIT funny bout that? Cuz it's spelt wrong. Grow up prat. Shows you've got alot to say on the matter doesn't it.

I'm confused. I thought that Niche had been granted a licence on the grounds it introduced a membership scheme.

Have the licensing committee revoked the licence?

If not then why has it closed? If it's a case of the business no longer covering it's costs then it won't be re-opening as I can't see the licensing committee going back from its decision to insist on it becoming a members club.

It closed because all the under age and criminal punters didn't want to sign up to a membership scheme. Hence no one went.

The OLD building on Sidney Street re-opening?

I'm all for that. Spent every friday and saturday in there for 4 years (even though it's been closed just over 5 years and I'm only 25) :|... as for the 'Vibe' aka 'Niche' I hated the place and went once, just didn't feel the same.

Didnt I read a post saying Baxendale had emigrated and was opening a club abroad ?