Work experience?

does anybody know where there are places in sheffield that i could do my work experience this year??

you may need to give people a bit more of a clue as to what it is you are after... eg helping at a horse riding school, working in a nursery, office, shop, care homes....

something to do with looking after people... or anything really, just something that will be a good experience for me, something that might insprie me in wanting to do it when i leave school

if your chosen career is prison officer why not try the manor

Call some nurseries and/or care homes if you are interested in care... You will need to be crb checked, so ask school if they are able to arrange this for you...

Sorry to jump in on a thread but why do people insist on insulting the manor :loopy: it has nothing to do with the OP's question.

Good luck in finding work experience by the way, just try to do something you enjoy.

I did work experience with Sheffield City Council at Sheffield Homes. It was mint.

Went out with their Wardens, sat in on interviews with tenants, went to several ASB cases, loads of stuff. Was great don't settle for the crap stuff like the rest of my class did - working in a shop.

At the end of the day when you apply to Uni in however many years time, are they going to want someone who has been ambitious enough to try something different or someone who's spent two weeks at Netto?

Not saying you want to do it in a shop btw, but people tend to give up if they can't find something decent, but don't, keep at it.

Write to all the places you would like to go, even if its like 10 places, more chance of one saying yes.

Write to them as well, rather than email, just better that way.

if your chosen career is prison officer why not try the manor

i work security on the manor so u could come team up with me :hihi::hihi::hihi:

errm, i dont think that was a nice comment to put about the manor and i really havent a clue where to contact, most nurserys are full and cant accept anymore people to do work experience and i dont know where else to contact

thanks for that, ive had a read and i think im going to email them tomorrow and ill look for some different places aswell as that, thanks :)