BNP Candidate evicted from hustings meeting

This was no ordinary 'private function', in the way any normal political meeting would be. It was advertised as an open hustings, in which candidates in the by-election would be held to account by the local electorate.

By only having Labour party 'approved' candidates available for the public grilling, the organisers were doing a massive disservice to the voters. The organisers, in concert with the Labour party, believed that the adults present could not to be trusted with access to the BNP candidate, and his views. Special preference was thus given to the 'approved' candidates, which in reality meant that those candidates allowed onto the platform were given a political advantage over those who were not.

The BNP highlighted this glaring democratic deficit, thus performing a vital public service. Morally and democratically they occupied the high ground.

Must be like watching a giraffe break-dancing!:D

thats like jumping onstage at a rolling stones gig and singing down jaggers mic then spitting the dummy out when you get thrown out

It's nothing like jumping onstage at a rock concert! We are talking about an election hustings which aims to give the electorate the opportunity to hold individual candidate's to account. You are NOT comparing like-with-like. Far from it, in fact.

and jumping onstage "illegally" just shows he cannot been trusted

Nothing 'illegal' happened at the hustings. The BNP candidate made a peaceful, democratic protest about the shameful censorship being practiced by so-called 'democrats'. The BNP committed no crime, no arrests were made.

It's nothing like jumping onstage at a rock concert! We are talking about an election hustings which aims to give the electorate the opportunity to hold individual candidate's to account. You are NOT comparing like-with-like. far from it, in fact.

Nothing 'illegal' happened at the hustings. The BNP candidate made a peaceful, democratic protest about the shameful censorship being practiced by so-called 'democrats'. The BNP committed no crime, no arrests were made.

sigh

hustings or not, he WASNT invited as a speaker he protested, and got outed, cant you understand, that DOESNT make it alright.

if your not meant to be speaking somewhere and you make yourself, you CANNOT moan when you get thrown out.

sigh

hustings or not, he WASNT invited as a speaker he protested, and got outed, cant you understand, that DOESNT make it alright.

if your not meant to be speaking somewhere and you make yourself, you CANNOT moan when you get thrown out.

I agree with you to a point - but he has made an effective protest.

What was undemocratic was that there were lesser candidates invited to speak, when the BNP candidate was not.

I agree with you to a point - but he has made an effective protest.

What was undemocratic was that there were lesser candidates invited to speak, when the BNP candidate was not.

i agree, it probably was undemocratic and i believe they SHOULD be allowed to dig themselves a hole..........nick griffins question time appearence is still one of the funniest things ive ever seen, makes me chuckle when i watch it now.

the thing is the bnp ALWAYS do these dodgy things.............and ALWAYS play the victim, its what they do best

best thing they can do one time is play the victim BEFORE theyve done the dodgy deed

I agree the BNP are practically dead in the water, but I'm intrigued to hear your view on how the EDL will proceed to be a problem.
Well the LibDems had been dead in the water for some time.

Look at them now.

In both totalitarian Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia political opposition was not only banned, but people accused of involvement in dissident political groups were imprisoned for long periods and even murdered.

Did such a state of affairs happen overnight? No, it was long prepared for, and indeed began with similar episodes to the one on Sunday night at the hustings in Oldham. The people of this country owe a debt to the BNP candidate for courageously standing up for democratic choice and freedom of expression...

Look at them now.

theyve been a waste of space forever, thats why they jumped into bed it was their ONLY chance of tasting success in a long time

Guest sibon

Look at them now.

Dead on land too?

The people of this country owe a debt to the BNP candidate for courageously standing up for democratic choice and freedom of expression...

thats just utter tosh, thats the problem people forget he did wrong and instead champion him as some st george character, partly propegated by the bnp themselves i should imagine, again its what they always do

theyve been a waste of space forever, thats why they jumped into bed it was their ONLY chance of tasting success in a long time

They could have jumped into bed with GB, but they decided against teaming up with a Bankrupt chancellor/Prime minister, a bankrupt Party having nearly bankrupted the country

The BNP, through peaceful and democratic protest, revealed that the hustings organised in Oldham during the current by-election period DID NOT give a fair and equal treatment to all of the candidates contesting that election.

The Labour party was revealed as standing for censorship of political opinion. Denial of open debate. The BNP, on the other hand, bravely stood for fair play, openness and democracy.

We either live in a democracy or we do not.