Any other guys in the same pickle as me

Hi...

I feel a little embarrassed...Im a guy, weigh almost 18st.

I want to loose weight, a lot of it, but want to do it without having the embarrassment of going in a room full of women (i know it sounds pathetic)

Is there any guys on here in the same situation who want a 'weight loss mate' who can share the initial embarrassment of going into a room full of Women wanting to do the same thing.

Want to try the 'weight watcher points' diet thingy or anything to help me loose weight wihtout going on the rice cracker and lettuce leaf diet

Help!!!!

Have you tried a site like this?

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk

I don't like the idea of weekly meeting in a room full of women yakking and I am a women :hihi: ( I have tried it and it is not for me)

There is a few blokes on there and they tend to stick together :)

I was your size now i'm 5 stone lighter with Slimming World....fat is unisex!

I was your size now i'm 5 stone lighter with Slimming World....fat is unisex!

Wow 5 stone lighter. Congratulations !:) So that was Slimming World then ?

Have you tried minimins? If you google it, its a forum like this, with different sections but the sections are different approaches youre trying out. Its quite good, a few men on there. Just about every 'diet' on there too. Good luck x

Hi...

I want to loose weight, a lot of it, but want to do it without having the embarrassment of going in a room full of women (i know it sounds pathetic)

Is there any guys on here in the same situation who want a 'weight loss mate' who can share the initial embarrassment of going into a room full of Women wanting to do the same thing.

Want to try the 'weight watcher points' diet thingy or anything to help me loose weight wihtout going on the rice cracker and lettuce leaf diet

Help!!!!

You can do Weightwatchers online, here

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/plan/apr/ways.aspx

Have you tried minimins? If you google it, its a forum like this, with different sections but the sections are different approaches youre trying out. Its quite good, a few men on there. Just about every 'diet' on there too. Good luck x

Minimims is great, I found it by accident when looking for some inspiration for Slimming world recipes. Found myself on there for ages, there are loads of great tips.

Hiya Drummerrich,

I completely empathise with you and I think this is a situation that many guys find themselves in.

However, I promise you the "room full of women" is not what you may think.

The Slimming World group that I attend in Hillsborough has quite a few male members, one of which being my fiance. He loves the group and finds it far easier to diet having the support and understanding of people (male and female) that are going through similar experiences, challenges etc.

The two Slimming World Groups that I run as a Consultant (Crosspool and Nethergreen) both have male members and they are doing fantastically with their weight loss journies. One is actually at his target weight now and continues to come each week to help him maintain it.

In fact I had a new member last week come for his 1st weeks weigh in and he had lost an incredible 11.5lbs!!!!!!

It's great to have a male perspective in group and I gaurantee you wouldn't feel as uncomfortable as you think you would.

Please feel free to inbox me if you'd like any more information, or have a look on the website http://www.slimmingworld.com who also have an online membership option.

Good Luck xxx

Drummerich......im 17years old now but my peak weight was 18 stone 9lbs............that was when i was 15 yeard old, im now just short of 14 stone, and all i can say is dont join a slimming club, they just want your money, dont eat healthy if you arent going to the gym, and vice versa, one dosent work without the other,......i lost all my weight by simply not eating crap foods,(common sense)......and exercise....ive never felt better.......Go get um pal and keep your chin up :)

Hi...

Help!!!!

Why are you ashamed of yourself?? who cares if you're 18st? You enjoy food but fancy losing abit of weight...No one can judge you fella :/ Can't see what your worried about pal.

Drummerich......im 17years old now but my peak weight was 18 stone 9lbs............that was when i was 15 yeard old, im now just short of 14 stone, and all i can say is dont join a slimming club, they just want your money, dont eat healthy if you arent going to the gym, and vice versa, one dosent work without the other,......i lost all my weight by simply not eating crap foods,(common sense)......and exercise....ive never felt better.......Go get um pal and keep your chin up :)

Neither do you have to pay gym membership to exercise