Weight watchers pro points

R the pro points good, is it better then normal ww's

The pro points replaces the old points system on WW. It's been done after evaluating food in a different way.

It's a great guideline for a long term way of life to reduce weight and then maintain in without having to be hungry.

It encourages you to have 3 good meals per day plus a fruit and veg allowance. The old points system made you count fruit and veg as part of your allowance and you could end up hungry each day.

As a long term plan the new pro points looks really good because you should have a re-educated way of thinking towards your food shopping and cooking.

The basics are to reduce your fat intake to extremely low levels and watch the portions of your carbs - ie pasta and bread etc. Protein points are reduced to encourage you to eat a balanced diet and if you use soya or tofu instead of meat in some meals they are lower in pro points. Eating protein means you should burn fat and not lose muscle when your scales show a loss.

To speed up your weight loss you are also encouraged to exercise and burn calories. You have a choice to eat more to compensate, or not - and lose weight.

Good luck.

The pro points replaces the old points system on WW. It's been done after evaluating food in a different way.

It's a great guideline for a long term way of life to reduce weight and then maintain in without having to be hungry.

It encourages you to have 3 good meals per day plus a fruit and veg allowance. The old points system made you count fruit and veg as part of your allowance and you could end up hungry each day.

As a long term plan the new pro points looks really good because you should have a re-educated way of thinking towards your food shopping and cooking.

The basics are to reduce your fat intake to extremely low levels and watch the portions of your carbs - ie pasta and bread etc. Protein points are reduced to encourage you to eat a balanced diet and if you use soya or tofu instead of meat in some meals they are lower in pro points. Eating protein means you should burn fat and not lose muscle when your scales show a loss.

To speed up your weight loss you are also encouraged to exercise and burn calories. You have a choice to eat more to compensate, or not - and lose weight.

Good luck.

Thank you, thats made it much more clear, off to join today :help: lol

Made biggest step i joined lol.

I have paid for monthly pass, so i have got ww online to help, just got loads of points to use, off to find some nice easy meals, good luck to all

Im joining a new ww class on Friday morning. Good luck everyone

Hello, sorry to hear you haven't been feeling too good. Pound off, well done we are both moving in the right direction, slowly but surely. Good luck for Tuesday :thumbsup:

Hi Sooperdooper how did your weigh in go? I lost 4lbs this week, i'm absolutley gobsmacked but think lots of excercise is paying off. Speak soon. :)

Hi Sooperdooper how did your weigh in go? I lost 4lbs this week, i'm absolutley gobsmacked but think lots of excercise is paying off. Speak soon. :)

Hi Gailsnails, well done that is fantastic. I have lost 3 this week which now makes 10 in total I am really pleased with that, bring on the next week good luck :thumbsup:

well done to u 2, but it would have been nice if u could have acknowedged i was confused with pro points

confused already, poxy pro points

Have you tried the online service,? that is good, and free with your monthly pass, I have also down loaded the ww app which is great for points and tracking. it is quite easy once you get the hang of it, you need to keep reading the book. Let me know if I can help with anything and keep going it does work :)

Hi Gailsnails, well done that is fantastic. I have lost 3 this week which now makes 10 in total I am really pleased with that, bring on the next week good luck :thumbsup:

Brilliant Sooperdooper you're doing fantastic, keep it up and heres to another week of healthy eating! :)

confused already, poxy pro points

Hi there Ting~Tong.

At your next meeting ask the group leader to sit with your for 5 minutes and explain the pp.

If you can afford it, WW sell weighing scales where you input the type of food on the keyboard and it shows the value of points.

Remember that most fruits and vegetables are 'free'.

After a few days you get the hang of the points and it comes as second nature to evaluate portion sizes and points - which is useful when you dine out. You also tend to remember the points after weighing items a couple of times so you know how to count a slice of bread, an advacado, a spoonful of baked beans etc.

Keep at it!

Well I joined on Friday, so far so good.

Ting Tong, you can log into the weight watchers message boards for free. They are great and there is always someone there who can answer your questions if you're stuck.