How many men is it ok for a woman to sleep with..?

The fact that you are only asking the question of how many sexual partners it is alright for a woman to have, and not how many sexual partners it is alright for any person to have, is suggesting that the number of partners acceptable is different based on what sex you are.

My question is this – why do we judge people on how many sexual partners they have? Surely that is entirely up to them and is nobody else’s business? I saw one response that said not many men would marry the local bike. Why is it assumed that a woman who has had more sexual partners than average is undesirable when it comes to marriage? What about all the other aspects of that person that you are completely ignoring because you are so blinded by such a trivial fact as how many sexual partners they have had? What makes you think that that person cannot be faithful just because they have chosen to sleep with a variety of people while they were single?

Personally I think people should sleep with as many people as they want/can while they are single.

Originally posted by Snook

I think as long as people are safe, it's fine... but people aren't safe, and I think people preaching the message that it is ok to sleep with as many people as you like helps with the spread of STD's and unwanted pregnancies... This goes for both men and women... I think that because so many people say (lie) that they sleep around, other people think that they should be doing the same thing, and it's not a healthy message.

That's why, if you read through the thread, most posters have said that having more partners is ok, providing safe sex rules are followed . The people who aren't currently doing this need education, and most of them will get this when they visit the GUM, along with free condoms to help them be safer next time. Nobody's advocating stupidity as a way forward.

Originally posted by banesmabes

My question is this – why do we judge people on how many sexual partners they have? Surely that is entirely up to them and is nobody else’s business? I saw one response that said not many men would marry the local bike. Why is it assumed that a woman who has had more sexual partners than average is undesirable when it comes to marriage? What about all the other aspects of that person that you are completely ignoring because you are so blinded by such a trivial fact as how many sexual partners they have had? What makes you think that that person cannot be faithful just because they have chosen to sleep with a variety of people while they were single?

I agree, it shouldn't matter how many sexual partners a woman has had any more than it seems to when it comes to men, but this is another case of when reality doesn't work in the same way we want it to.

It's a fact, i'm afraid, that many, many, men are put off by a women who has had a lot of sexual partners, and doesn't find them desirable when it comes to marriage or serious relationships... Women don't seem to have this concern when it comes to men... that's probably why it works the way it does.

I'm not saying it's right, but I'm just being realistic about it.

Originally posted by medusa666

That's why, if you read through the thread, most posters have said that having more partners is ok, providing safe sex rules are followed . The people who aren't currently doing this need education, and most of them will get this when they visit the GUM, along with free condoms to help them be safer next time. Nobody's advocating stupidity as a way forward.

I have read the thread, thanks. It's funny that everyone on here practises safe sex all the time, and yet in the real world it is a very different story! You can't have lots of sexual partners all the time and be 100% safe, so yes, there does need to be more education, I agree!

Originally posted by t020

Or maybe, just maybe, the correlation between increased (and from an earlier age) sex education and increasing levels of STDs/ teen pregnancies is MORE than a coincidence?

you might have the beginings of a point if that data were supported by any of our european neighbours, but it isn't. Indeed the opposite appears to be the case.

More education = lower rate of STI/unwanted pregnancy.

Originally posted by Cyclone

you might have the beginings of a point if that data were supported by any of our european neighbours, but it isn't. Indeed the opposite appears to be the case.

More education = lower rate of STI/unwanted pregnancy. [/quote

Yeah good point

Doesnt the age of the women sort of change how many people she would sleep with, wouldn't it affect this number? the questions too general

I have to concede several points here, but can raise another!! I went out with a women well versed in the affairs of sexual encounters and learned quite a lot which I hope I have been able to pass on to other women to allow them to enjoy the 'pleasures of the flesh' . Surely it doesn't matter how many but how much qulaity is developed??:heyhey:

Why is it that men don't want to sleep with a woman who has had many partners? Apart from the risk of infection, which I understand..

I really don't get it :confused:

Any guy who would look down on me because of my past doesn't deserve my time.

Originally posted by Snook

I don't think it is only t020 that this is not a reflection of, but of most people. I recently read a survey that said most 30 year old women have had 2 - 3 sexual partners (about 60% of them I believe)... Now, I'm sure another 20% or so have had 25 partners, but It isn't the normal. Most people have long term relationships in their twenties, and this SHOULD bring there number of partners down.

I think as long as people are safe, it's fine... but people aren't safe, and I think people preaching the message that it is ok to sleep with as many people as you like helps with the spread of STD's and unwanted pregnancies... This goes for both men and women... I think that because so many people say (lie) that they sleep around, other people think that they should be doing the same thing, and it's not a healthy message.

Very well said, Snook.

Originally posted by kathythebean

Why is it that men don't want to sleep with a woman who has had many partners? Apart from the risk of infection, which I understand..

I really don't get it :confused:

Any guy who would look down on me because of my past doesn't deserve my time.

It's probably a natural instinct. At least I'm honest about it though and don't pretend that it wouldn't be a problem, unlike, I suspect, several other posters on this thread.

Originally posted by Cyclone

More education = lower rate of STI/unwanted pregnancy.

Question: In the UK, how much sex education in schools in, say, 1960? What were the rates of STDs/ teen pregnancies then? Now compare and contrast with, say, 2005. Comparing with other countries isn't fair - every country has its own values, mentality and culture.