How many men is it ok for a woman to sleep with..?

Originally posted by Cyclone

when you're single again t020 and going out looking for a potential relationship, let us know how well you get one when you ask for a service history and previous ownership details of girls that you are considering.

You've hit on a darn good idea there, Cyclone!

Women should come complete with a log-book... Listing all the times they've been serviced, how many owners they've had, any major bodywork alterations and genuine mileage they've covered, along with any known faults and average running expenditure of each particular model.

Men of course would need the equivalent of an M.O.T. certificate to prove their capability of performing to specification and their reliability for at least another year.

That way perhaps classic low-mileage models may be seen to be worth more and there'd be hope for me yet! :D

I'm well in there in that case pseudonym. Only five previous owners in near 30 years - each one was a careful driver - very considerate until the end when they decided to go for a newer model/younger model.

Course - the engine works perfect and I can outpace many other newer cars but hey ho - their loss.

Dragon

Perhaps the pet analogy might get a better result in our case, Dragon... ;)

Clean, fully housetrained, good with children, obedient, affectionate, looking for good home...? :D

Originally posted by Pseudonym

Perhaps the pet analogy might get a better result in our case, Dragon... ;)

Clean, fully housetrained, good with children, obedient, affectionate, looking for good home...? :D

Obedient?! haha like that

Originally posted by skny

Is it because of sex and the city that some people seem to think women shagging a lot is somehow modern and sophisticated...?

If your significant other gives up the loving at the drop of the hat to lots of people, havent they just lost another reason to be special to you?

I'm not talking about 'giving it up'when you're in a relationship. God no I'm faithful to the end. But what's so wrong if you're single?

Originally posted by intooblivion

Obedient?! haha like that

Hey! Obeying orders is one of the first things you learn to do when you get married, if you want a peaceful time! ... On the surface, anyway... ;)

Originally posted by xafier

I have to agree with you on that one, thats generally how I see it, I have no problems with people having sex for fun, sometimes it might be good to just go out and "get laid" if you haven't for a while... but constantly having different sexual partners all the time really wouldn't impress me if i wanted to start a r/ship with her... i like to pride in the fact I dont give my body away to every woman that makes an offer of interest... after all, I'm a sophisticated, modern 21st century male and if you want this body your gonna have to prove you deserve it with a couple of dates before I'm gonna give anything to you :P

And there was I thinking you just weren't getting any offers hence the sheffield singles site you setup Xafier ;)

For my opinion on this I'd say it comes dow to two factors:

1) How secure you are as a man to cope with the fact that your new lady has had a few sexual partners in the past. If you're a secure person then the amount she's been with (for want of a better phrase) wont even bother you.

2) How careful has she been if she has been promiscuous (sp?).

If she's had a fair few one night stands but been sexually careful then again it wont/shouldn't bother you. When it would bother me is if she's been with a lot of men (or any amount of men) as one night stands without protection... then the worry should set in. With the amount and ease of transfer of STD's (sorry STI's today), you need to know that she has taken precautions as hopefully you have too.

OK no one is perfect and I guess we've all done the deed with someone new without using anything, but the thought still stands.

So for myself, the amount wouldn't matter because I am comfortable and secure with myself not to let that be a factor... hey if she's got experience... I'm guessing it should be fun ;) The only fact that would matter to me would be how safe she has been when having her fun.

That's as honest an answer as I can give.

Originally posted by DaBouncer

And there was I thinking you just weren't getting any offers hence the sheffield singles site you setup Xafier ;)

Site doesnt exist anymore ;) and i setup up cus I'm always meeting the wrong women, that either are just after a bit of fun one night, or have a date and mess you around... either way not interested... but thats just me... and i totally agree with you in the fact numbers not totally important but being safe is... obviously unsafe sex with 1 person could be as bad as unsafe sex with 20... it only takes one guy/woman with HIV to ruin your life forever :?

Originally posted by medusa666

There needs to be a distinction drawn here- some people (not just women) have short term realtionships that fall apart quickly, and I agree that this would worry me if I was going to consider a relationship with them, as their relationship skills/emotional stability seem a bit iffy.

Other people have no intention of a relationship, make no pretence of love, and have fun with each other. This tells people nothing about their emotional stability or relationship skills. Provided they are being honest about what they are getting out of it all then what's the harm? I agree that this CAN be a sign of lack of self respect, but it can also be a sign of somebody who doesn't fancy the 'solo sex' approach but doesn't want a relationship either.

If you were getting involved with them you are likely by this point to know whether this is your idea of what you want to get out of this, and I would suggest t020 that this is your cue to head for the door. You and this (hypothetical) woman are obviously looking for different things.

Personally speaking the 'no attachment' variety of sex leaves me pretty cold and would rather not do it at all if there's no respect and affection (I won't say love as it's a rather over-used word and seems to mean so little to some people).

But I'm not about to judge others who make different choices to me, providing I understand what their choices are before I am committed to anything with them.

But that's basically reinforcing what I've been saying - a woman who has had lots of partners is unlikely to appeal to a man wanting to find someone to *settle* with for the very reason that she's not likely to be suitable. If she's had lots of partners before, it's very likely she will have many more in the future. That's why women like that aren't targetted by men when they want someone to settle with, but are very popular for easy one night stands.

Originally posted by Cyclone

when you're single again t020 and going out looking for a potential relationship, let us know how well you get one when you ask for a service history and previous ownership details of girls that you are considering.

When? I don't think so. But any single men looking for potential relationships should follow the above advice - ask for a full service history and previous owners details. Are you listening, Slimsid? I bet that's a technique he's yet to try and it would surely pay dividends.

Some people write absolute nonsense.

Who are we to judge other people ?

Originally posted by venger

Some people write absolute nonsense.

Who are we to judge other people ?

In the context of looking for a suitable potential partner, I'd say "judging" them was a pretty important aspect. Looks, personality, and a whole host of other things would be assessed for suitability in some way or another and in different measures by different people, and that includes, for a lot of people, sexual history.