Fed up with the spelling and grammar Police

Has anyone else got the English Grammar Corrector link at the bottom of the page. Or am I being paranoid?

Well said it's one of the things that really annoy me on this forum. I see it all the time people will write about something that really matters to them & some will just post to criticise their spelling or completely ignore what the point of the thread is & just dish out abuse

Lonely socially challenged people.

<<I only do it if someone is being rude to me>>

should be "I do it only if someone is being rude to me..."

What I don't understand is poor spelling and grammar from people who probably use written English in their work. Do they deliberately inject mistakes to make themselves seem less pompous? If they make mistakes here is that sloppiness replicated in their workplace?

I work as a business analyst and if there's any ambiguity in my specifications then this can have ramifications further down the development life cycle, particularly now that a lot of the code cutting, test script writing and execution is done in India. I bring that attention to detail in everything I write as it's more natural and easier.

To the point, I've seen posts on this forum from people who wouldn't dream of poorly written English in their day jobs but come on here and forget all the rules? Why?

I cannot comprehend why in England, where we speak English as our mother tongue, people cannot spell adequately nor even take the time to ensure that they are understood by the normal rules of the English language.

Why do a bad job of something which should be almost as natural as breathing? Why leave communication open to misinterpretation if it can be correct and exact?

Surely if anyone wants something to be read and understood they should create it in the most well understood medium?

There is no excuse for an adult to confuse "you're" and "your" or "they're" and "their".

If you don't mind your spelling you also shouldn't mind people correcting your daftness or laziness!

We all have spell checkers and probably grammar checkers too if you look!

I may not pull anyone on their spelling, but try and use a word you don't understand then you'll probably be in trouble!

<<I only do it if someone is being rude to me>>

should be "I do it only if someone is being rude to me..."

<So what> should be:- Who gives a flying <removed>

There is no excuse for an adult to confuse "you're" and "your" or "they're" and "their".

Now that is really annoying:( So many do it though.

If you can't spell, you can't spell... Just ignore them, they only usually do it when they're losing a 'debate' :hihi:

Just try to make sure things make sense and stop worrying about what the weirdos say :D

It stuns and amuses me.

This is a forum, just a forum yet some people behave as if you posted a pic of a kitten having its head lopped off if they see a spelling mistake or shoddy grammar.

There was a time when I used to deliberately spell words wrong just to amuse myself by passing the time saddo spotting! I used to give them points for how horrified they were or how long it took them to discover the "Mistake".

Shortly afterwards I started visualising them as the comic book guy from The Simpsons and that sort of spoiled it for me. I just feel contemptuous pity for them now because in spite of people being crabby at spelling, the pickers are the ones at fault for being sad enough to draw attention to it in the first place!

I think grammar is more important than spelling. Whereas spelling is more easily corrected using spellchecker,badly punctuated text can take on a completely new meaning or,indeed,no meaning at all! Everybody makes mistakes,often those mistakes are typos,but it is usually easy to see the difference between those who try and those who don't care. Text speak is another matter altogether-don't get me started on that!