Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

I'm in Heeley and haven't received any post for over 2 weeks now.. I'm getting quite worried as I am expecting around 15 things to be delivered. I haven't even had any letters.

Has anyone in Heeley received their post?

On Albert road, no post for 2 weeks, this is just crazy, its not that bad surely, and what happens if snows for the next month???

Dear s35 sorting office manager.

despite missing many items after no deliverys last week and a somewhat lack of service this week.

I think its wonderfull that instead of clearing the backlog of mail what so many of us are waiting for you have instead choose to send my postie out with door to door items instead.

quite clearly you thought i would much rather have a leaflet about blinds and a local guide instead of my christmas cards/presents or anything i actully want.

well done manager once again you have proved yourself to be the useless git i have come to love over the years.

merry christmas you donkeys...ar@e:rant::mad:

Same here got my giro plus letters and cards but 2 parcels posted out on the 28/11 still to arrive.

Got a card through the door today for an item order 3-4 days ago but the DVD I ordered from Amazon back in November is nowhere to be seen- How does that work then?

I had 2 things dispatched on the same day, 1 from America and 1 from the UK.

I received the American one 3 days ago and I am still waiting for the UK one!

How does that work?

Dear s35 sorting office manager.

despite missing many items after no deliverys last week and a somewhat lack of service this week.

I think its wonderfull that instead of clearing the backlog of mail what so many of us are waiting for you have instead choose to send my postie out with door to door items instead.

quite clearly you thought i would much rather have a leaflet about blinds and a local guide instead of my christmas cards/presents or anything i actully want.

well done manager once again you have proved yourself to be the useless git i have come to love over the years.

merry christmas you donkeys...ar@e:rant::mad:

You are making the mistake that lots of people make. You aren't Royal Mail's customer, its the businesses that send things, that pay the money that are the Royal Mails customers.

Hence Royal Mail makes tons of money of leaflets, so they go first. Royal Mail makes a loss on every letter that is sent, so why would they, as a business trying to make money, priorities letters over leaflets :confused:

But - how did a dodgey person get the card in the 1st place, very unlikey, if someone has the card, then it's almost 100% that it's the person from that address...

Unless you live in a flat as I do. It wouldn't take much for someone to get into the post box, as it is in a communal area. In fact almost 2 years ago, someone had my tax disc away!! Not quite sure what they had to gain from that, but still!

Well we finally had post today in S2 - only about 2 weeks since we last had some!

recent stuff is going through

old stuff is trapped in the backlog parcel mountain

went to woodseat's collection today to see if any of my parcels could be got - they were handing out post but weren't doing any parcels.

i'm in S8

Next day deliveries will come through as expected (guaranteed & special), as Royal Mail are now delivering these properly. These are very different services to standard mail and are sorted differently. When we had the snow, these services were suspended. It's nothing to do with recent stuff being coming through fine now.

I received something today that was sent yesterday for a next day delivery (signed for), yet I am still waiting on a DVD that was despatchd on the 3rd. Yet this was set standard

Still had no post where I live, nothing since last Monday. Strange thing is, a mate who lives round the corner has had post and his road was a lot worse than mine in all the snow! Not that they've even got the snow as an excuse anymore as it's all melted today!

After my 22 parcels yesterday i just got one letter today. It was sent 1st class on the 3rd. Still missing parcels from November 22nd and 23rd, and loads from 29th Nov - 5th Dec

Just one envelope for me too today that was posted on 6th. None of the parcels I am waiting for.

Finally got a badly scrawled card through the door today from parcel force after arriving home from work at 5pm, after a while had sort of worked out it had been left at Woodseats Post Office, went straight down to the post office to find out (as they shut at 5:30) and guess what. SIGN ON THE DOOR SAYING WE ARE SHUTTING AT 5PM TODAY, YOU CAN SEE THE BLOKE BEHIND THE COUNTER STILL THERE BUT TOOK NO NOTICE AT ME WAVING AT HIM. What a flamin joke, no wonder post offices are being closed. Also if parcel force vans can get around why not Royal Mail? no post now for nearly 2 weeks.

:rant::rant::rant: