I'm not shopping at Cole Brothers any more

Originally posted by StarSparkle

I think you'll find it is called Coles; it always has been called Coles; and it always will be called Coles :P

StarSparkle

I definitely thought it was now John Lewis Partnership.Thats over the door isnt it ? Whatever, you were treated crap !I agree with everyone that Pensioners should shop in the week.That is a very busy department, I have been in myself on a Saturday,not to buy,just to look.But I see a lot of thirty somethings shopping and you just know that Saturday is the only time they can do it. If that had happened to me I would have asked that assistant if I could see the Manager IMMEDIATELY . Youve got to complain there and then.And shout loud at the top of your voice.:rant:

I wish you every joy with your complaint and dont think it will get you anywhere.

Quite frankly what passes for a Customer Services Department leaves all to be desired. It incorporates all of the worst practice principles one can find in any organisation's first line of defence and is no better than the City Council.

Their Computer Department Manager recently told me their PDAs were rubbish AND THEN TOLD ME NOT TO BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad he didnt say that before I bought a duff, defective IBM from them to thank a professional contact in 1999. What a tin crate that was; their mishandling of the entire problem is a saga in its own right.

Got nowt against the old folk (come on you expect them in Coles), but being pushed in-front of like that... no thanks. Would have given the old dear a piece of my mind, I wouldn't asked to be excused for the increased use and volume of my 'French' either if she didn't have batteries in her hearing aid. Gone there to buy a laptop? How about some manners first...! These old people! :rolleyes:

Commercial decision no doubt! You can't afford CD's so rely on one of these New IPOD gadgets. You want to spend a couple of hundred quid with no profit margin worth mentioning, and Mrs Chomondley Warner wants to spend a grand on a Laptop.

so to the back of the Q U go.

Originally posted by StarSparkle

I think you'll find it is called Coles; it always has been called Coles; and it always will be called Coles :P

StarSparkle

And the best bit is......... anybody know where 'Coles Corner' is? :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Originally posted by wendygs

I wish you every joy with your complaint and dont think it will get you anywhere.

Quite frankly what passes for a Customer Services Department leaves all to be desired. It incorporates all of the worst practice principles one can find in any organisation's first line of defence and is no better than the City Council.

Their Computer Department Manager recently told me their PDAs were rubbish AND THEN TOLD ME NOT TO BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad he didnt say that before I bought a duff, defective IBM from them to thank a professional contact in 1999. What a tin crate that was; their mishandling of the entire problem is a saga in its own right.

That doesn't sound anything like the Partnership I know. :suspect: Well didn't - until I came to Sheffield and encountered the Coles that was run by Mr Roberts. Suffice to say, after being lied to by the Audio & TV section manager, bullied (attempted anyway) by a mere assistant of same dept, mis-delivered, then subjected to downright rudeness and refusal to correct these 'mistakes' by Mr R, the then General Manager, I took my complaint back to my account holding branch - Peterborough, and the store where I placed my order - Nottingham, and was dealt with in the manner in which I had originally expected to be - as an ex-partner myself ;)

Mr Roberts is no longer the General Manager, and when I sent a hyperlink for another anti-John Lewis thread to the store, they sent a very 'Partnership' e-mail back in apology and reassurance.

Nick - complain. I think it was Adrian Smith last time I got in touch with them ;)

Regardless of what you wanted to buy - you certainly didn't deserve to be ignored. If staff are ignoring customers, the store management need to know.

I would definitely write a complaint letter and tell them what happened, giving a good clear desription of the sales assistant who so rudely failed to attend to you.

If you don't write in, she'll carry on doing it ....

She needs sorting out - People with poor attitudes and customer service skills like that either are in need of further training or should not be working in front line positions.

I was once snubbed in a similar way in Coles, years ago when I was about 20.

Cos I could, I then went in EVERY Saturday in my scruffiest gear & led their store detectives a right merry dance up & down the floors, escalators, in & out the lift etc.

They must have lost hundreds of poundsworth of stuff while I was having my jollies! :thumbsup::hihi:

Originally posted by Strix

And the best bit is......... anybody know where 'Coles Corner' is? :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I bet they don't!

Anyone under the age of say 25 might struggle.

Originally posted by Saxon

I bet they don't!

Anyone under the age of say 25 might struggle.

Maybe Richard Hawley's latest CD will help them answer this...

Originally posted by Strix

That doesn't sound anything like the Partnership I know. :suspect: Well didn't - until I came to Sheffield and encountered the Coles that was run by Mr Roberts. Suffice to say, after being lied to by the Audio & TV section manager, bullied (attempted anyway) by a mere assistant of same dept, mis-delivered, then subjected to downright rudeness and refusal to correct these 'mistakes' by Mr R, the then General Manager, I took my complaint back to my account holding branch - Peterborough, and the store where I placed my order - Nottingham, and was dealt with in the manner in which I had originally expected to be - as an ex-partner myself ;)

Mr Roberts is no longer the General Manager, and when I sent a hyperlink for another anti-John Lewis thread to the store, they sent a very 'Partnership' e-mail back in apology and reassurance.

Nick - complain. I think it was Adrian Smith last time I got in touch with them ;)

Strix this sounds just like my experience of Coles IT Dept. They told the biggest pack of lies going. Their IT supplier had a vested interest in not honouring their warranty agreement.

Coles IT Manager Smith was seduced by an IT BULLIED ME (aka IBM) contact who turned a good relationship sour. At first IBM refused to accept problems, said it was a suspect hard disk failure finally confirmed and the on-site inspection confirmed my claims. Smith agreed to replace the PC but refused after IBM got their lying oars in. The CHOICE was a full refund or continue with the IBM PC they'd just DOA'd. (dead on arrival).

I was outraged. I'd bought the PC for a contact in part payment and token thanks of deeply appreciated support re 1st IT-based software licensing & consumer credit dispute, other SF posts for the fuller story.

I had gone to Coles because of its excellent reputation to avoid 1st dodgy dealer licensing problems and Avco's thuggery to find Coles aka John Lewis Partnership doing exactly the same.

Their complaints procedure led to more of the same. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: