Fireworks should be banned!!

I know loads of u will not agree but i was NOT impressed last night with all the fireworks going off till gone 11pm!! I have a toddler and he usually sleeps through BUT last night the fireworks were that bad and loud he woke 3x and had to sleep in my bed.

Nov 5th was not too bad BUT last night was a JOKE. Why do people have to go over board and have it all weekend and have NO repect AT ALL for babaies and toddlers that are TRYING to sleep, and pets as well!!

Bonfire night should have a law. November the 5th till 10pm and that is it. Why go over board and go mad all weekend????

Who agrees and who is one for not giving a rats <removed>?

We all had to sleep through the noise as kids ,didnt we :suspect:, i for one do like fireworks,including the the one that go BANG..LOL

Edited by happyhippy
removed masked swearing

Looks like Sheffield is full of them after reading some of the post's on this forum

You ain't seen nothing yet, keep reading. And welcome to the forum the regular knowalls and do gooders/killjoys will soon become apparent.

so tell me, whats the difference between

A: my proposal for purely organised firework displays to get them

B: any tom dick and harry can still buy them and do whatever they want with them

discuss

Becuase you have to pay for the tickets (ok, so we can maybe waver that since you have to pay for fireworks if you don't go) stand in a muddy, horrible, cramped freezing cold field. Queue for about 4 days to get some food which takes the best part of your annual salary. Then spend 6 hours on the way home either stuck in traffic or on trams and busses so crowded it would put Chinese subways to shame.

Imagine sending the whole of Sheffield to the very few proffesional displays in Sheffield, and I'm not talking about the naff pub ones.

You all just have to accept, for 3 maybe 4 nights a year, it's going to happen, and has been for a bloody long time. I knew people complained about fireworks and fires on bonfire night, but they were usually 70+

Please give us more details about the anti social side of it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/8706195.stm

The death of Mary Fox on Bonfire Night last year horrified the entire community in the Cornish town of Bodmin.

The fire which claimed her life was deliberately started by three youths who pushed a lit firework through the letterbox of her home in the Berryfield's estate in a bid to frighten her.

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-stories/2007/11/01/firemen-discover-bonfire-booby-trap-97319-20043353/

FIREFIGHTERS narrowly escaped being seriously injured or killed after a Halloween "booby trap" made up of fireworks and a gas cylinder was deliberately hidden inside a bonfire.

The LPG cylinder exploded as firefighters from Sheldon were tackling the blazing bonfire, on Gilwell Road playing fields, Shard End at around midnight, but it narrowly missed crew members.

Edited by SHYTOT

Yes they should be banned.

I just don't get it,the country i believe is on a level of alert towards terrorism

so why is it this time of year i can walk into any store/supermarket and buy enough explosives to maim/kill several people or more.Excuse the pun but it's not rocket science and could easily be done.

I just don't get it,the country i believe is on a level of alert towards terrorism

so why is it this time of year i can walk into any store/supermarket and buy enough explosives to maim/kill several people or more.Excuse the pun but it's not rocket science and could easily be done.

Totally agree, infact I can just see it now. ''Building blew up by 200shot Star Blaster'' have a word. If terrorists were planning on blowing something or someone up, the last place they will go is to the shops for a box of fountains on buy one get one free.

Daaaamn, I must admit, I was looking forward to this midweek, all the complaints from the miserables and people who think anyone under the age of 20 who holds a match is going to burn down half of Sheffield.

Out of interest, what did happen bonfire night? anti social wise? aside from a few people not getting their 8hours of kip.

Fireworks are made from Low Explosives, Terrorists use High Explosives there is a world of difference, When was the last time you heard of a terrorist using fireworks for blowing stuff up and killing ppl. :loopy:

Never mind, only another seven weeks and we've all got to put up with that selfish git rattling his sleigh bells at all hours. Not to mention reindeer crap all over our gardens and rooftops. Harrumph!!!!!!!!!:rant::mad:

There is.

The 2003 Act

Main Points of the Act and the resulting regulations:

Set a curfew on the use of fireworks, banning them between the hours of 11.00pm and 7.00am except except for Bonfire Night (midnight), Diwali, New Year, and Chinese New Year (1.00am)

Banned shop sales of fireworks louder than 120 decibels.

Created an offence for under-18s to have them in a public place.

Made all year-round shop sales licenceable.

Limited the sale period for other retail outlets.

The Act is also an enabling act which set out a framework for more detailed regulations to appear in the future.

i did not know that and i wonder how many other people were not aware of this.

in this case then id say it needs to be enforced but how would the authoritys even enfore this?

i dont personally have a problem with fireworks as i treat my dog with stuff to help settle him and my children sleep ok with them going off but for people such as the op whos main problem is the fact her children cant sleep through them then i understand how annoying it must be for them. :( hence my suggesting the limit for setting them off but its enforcing it thats the problem!

Fireworks are made from Low Explosives, Terrorists use High Explosives there is a world of difference, When was the last time you heard of a terrorist using fireworks for blowing stuff up and killing ppl. :loopy:

i dont think he was stating that terrorists should or do use them.........but they ARE explosives yet ANYBODY can still buy them and they DO maim and can kill

i dont think he was stating that terrorists should or do use them.........but they ARE explosives yet ANYBODY can still buy them and they DO maim and can kill

Well ok then but by you're logic and a few others on here Knives should also be banned ANYBODY can buy them and they Do maim and can kill!!

Well ok then but by you're logic and a few others on here Knives should also be banned ANYBODY can buy them and they Do maim and can kill!!

sigh

but is there a difference of use between the two?

are knives more useful?

are fireworks only there for fun and to look pretty?

as ive stated before cant fireworks be enjoyed WITHOUT the great unwashed have access to them unrestricted?