Who plays guitar and what do you have?

biggsy

Just the three which just about covers everything I need for live sets and studio recording.

Epiphone Les Paul - my back-up guitar which, despite its cheapo electrics, is still a wonderful guitar to play. Looks nice too.

Gibson Les Paul Studio - couldn't afford the extra grand to secure a Standard but this one is a beauty. It does exactly what it says on the tin.

Takamine Electric/Acoustic - good for bashing outside a pub or plugged-in.

Next purchase will probably be a Fender Tele. Dream guitar within reach is a Gretsch Country Gent (just the £3.5k to save. Come to Daddy).

You don't need top-notch gear to improve on guitar. However, my first guitar was a Kaye Electric which I bought for £35 in 1983.

It came in great for slicing cheese. Edam, a speciality.

is anyone going to attend the guitar course at woodseats school, it starts tomorrow (tuesday,20th) i think i'll go,as i'm so rusty:(

the course is£35 for 10 lessons of two hours,which i think is very good value:thumbsup:

btw,it is an intermediate course so basic knowlege would be handy,the tutor is rock guitarist,alex oliver,lessons are 7pm until 9pm,and you can enrol on the night.

regards,john.

btw,you've put some great piccies of some luvverly guitars on this thread,well done.:clap:

Originally posted by biggsy

is anyone going to attend the guitar course at woodseats school, it starts tomorrow (tuesday,20th) i think i'll go,as i'm so rusty:(

the course is£35 for 10 lessons of two hours,which i think is very good value:thumbsup:

btw,it is an intermediate course so basic knowlege would be handy,the tutor is rock guitarist,alex oliver,lessons are 7pm until 9pm,and you can enrol on the night.

id be well up for that, but ive joined a band and tuesday night is practice night! hmph...

also would be too much of a trek. If anyone reading is a teacher or good enough then arrange something similar closer to me! s20....could be good earner for the person.

• 8 months later...