Babysitting and babysitters MEGATHREAD

I've been to the ofsted website and just put in the name of the nursery and got the report up, it might be the same with childminders, worth a try.

Childminders names and address are not on the Ofsted website

because we work from home we need a little bit of security :)

You need the minders EY number in order to access their Ofsted report.

I am sure if you asked the minder in question they would be happy to share their report.

Hi

Can anyone recommend a childminder in the Woodseats/Meersbrook/Norton Lees areas of Sheffield?

I've got the list from SYCS but there are 41 childminders on it and I don't know where to start.

It's for one 4 year old, for one day a week until January.

Grateful thanks.

Edited by Delinquent

Edited by Delinquent

What area is S6 ? What school do you need your little one picking up from? I may know someone

Merged - Please stick to threads that are already open for your topic.

What area is S6 ? What school do you need your little one picking up from? I may know someone

Edited by Delinquent

Hi,

just come across your post. My daugter has been at Hackenthorpe Hall nursery since she was 15 months old, shes now 3 and a half and i cant recommend it highly enough. The staff are very caring and knowledgeable and cant do enough to help. They have regular parent evenings where you can go to discuss your childs progress and what they have been doing. You get a sheet at the end of each day telling you what they have done and eaten(all the meals are home cooked and a fantastic variety). There is a huge outdoor play area and they have good equipment and even occassionally a squirrel or two appears for entertainment!.

My daughter can write her own name and loves all the craft and art work and messy play. Really i could go on and on about the things they do. If you have any questions feel free to pm me or give the nursery a ring and arrange to go and have a look as they are always happy for you to go and look round.

Hope this helps.:)

Spot on! I will back every word of the above as my sons been there 2 and half years, never regretted choosing Hackenthorpe Hall. Ryans mum

I start college in Sep, and I need to sort out care for my two children. The course is 2 days in college (roughly 9.30 till 4.30) and 1 day in placement so 3 days. My little girl is 3 and is currently at nursery in a morning. But I am hopfully going to change this to 2 1/2 days a week to cover the majority of the day. So Id need her to be taken to school and picked up for 3 days. My little boy is 19 months old and I was thinking of putting him in the college nursery for the 2 days but then Im stuck for my day in placement. Also when the schools are on their holidays i need to be in placement for 3 days, which then turns all my plans on their head so would need cover for both children for 3 days.

Sorry for going on but here are the questions.

1) How much does a childminder charge?

2) Would it create a problem having 2 children and taking up 2 places?

3) I think i can claim some of the costs for childcare back. But How do i do this? Do I pay the CM then get it back or does the CM get paid direct?

4) How do you know which childminder to choose?

Any feedback welcomed

I start college in Sep, and I need to sort out care for my two children. The course is 2 days in college (roughly 9.30 till 4.30) and 1 day in placement so 3 days. My little girl is 3 and is currently at nursery in a morning. But I am hopfully going to change this to 2 1/2 days a week to cover the majority of the day. So Id need her to be taken to school and picked up for 3 days. My little boy is 19 months old and I was thinking of putting him in the college nursery for the 2 days but then Im stuck for my day in placement. Also when the schools are on their holidays i need to be in placement for 3 days, which then turns all my plans on their head so would need cover for both children for 3 days.

Sorry for going on but here are the questions.

1) How much does a childminder charge?

2) Would it create a problem having 2 children and taking up 2 places?

3) I think i can claim some of the costs for childcare back. But How do i do this? Do I pay the CM then get it back or does the CM get paid direct?

4) How do you know which childminder to choose?

Any feedback welcomed

Hi keeley

I'm a registered childminder. In answer to your queries:

1) Childminders all vary in how much they charge. You can roughly expect to pay between £3.00 and £4.00 an hour. Some will be slightly more some slightly less.

2) It will be more difficult to place two under fives, as if a childminder is registered to take three under fives you'll take two thirds of the places. Don't let that put you off you may fall lucky. September is one of the best times to start as other children may be starting school.

3) Sometimes the childminder is paid direct sometimes the money will be paid to you then you pay the childminder.

4) Best place to start choosing a chilminder is to get the list from Sheffield Information Link if you give them your address they'll send you a list of minders in your area. Then it's just a case of ringing round, seeing who's got vacancies and visiting them. Then go with your gut feeling about who's right.

You'll know when you've found the right one.

Which area are you looking for a minder?

I'd start looking now.

Good Luck!