Babysitting and babysitters MEGATHREAD

There's nothing on the megathread for Stocky so still need some suggestions if anyone can help:)

You could try your postcode area on the Ofsted website, which will bring up the local childminders and the score they got.

Hi i am a registered childminder have vacancies for school holidays S20 area if interested pm me . Sue

Hi, I am a fully qualified and registered childminder living in the Handsworth area (S 13). I have vancancies for children aged from 0/16. I have ten years classroom experience and can provide references if necessary. Thanks for reading.

Thanks, i'll have a look and see if it help. It's hard to know where to start when all you've got is names from council and no info or recommendations. ta.

But even if someone recommends a childminder you'd need to go and meet them yourselves. What someone else thinks is good, might not be good for you! Obviously the "official" stuff like Ofsted reports are important, but you need to feel comfortable too - in the past I've visited some who I just didn't "click" with or feel comfortable with - but the one we did have was just great from the start (until she gave up childminding!!!)

I'd phone some of the ones on the list you have and arrange to go and meet them (without your child at first) - then see what you think.

Also is the list you have from Sheffield Info Link (Childrens Information Service) as they do tend to put a bit moreof information on - and the childminders with most info against their names are the ones who have taken the time to send it in - so maybe that says something for a start?

joi5ey....:)please can you pm me with ur contact details as id like to chat to you about a placemnet for my son in sept when i return to work. Thanks:)

I am a nanny with 30 years experience, 100% checkable references and a crb.I am a free lance self employed nanny , I have some days available throughout the summer.

Please PM me for details. I am reasonably priced

im planning to return to work around the first 2 weeks of december after a years maternity leave, and i am looking for a childminder either in or very near the city centre or around the darnall area.

My child will be 9 months old when i return to work and to be honest im feeling very nervous about leaving her with strangers so im wanting to start looking early and hopefully let her have a couple of hours a week before my return date so she will hopefully feel more comfortable with them as she is very clingy with me at present.

so if any of you have any recomendations or know of any places in the areas i require id be ever so gratefull if you could let me know.

thanks in advance :thumbsup:

xxx

im planning to return to work around the first 2 weeks of december after a years maternity leave, and i am looking for a childminder either in or very near the city centre or around the darnall area.

My child will be 9 months old when i return to work and to be honest im feeling very nervous about leaving her with strangers so im wanting to start looking early and hopefully let her have a couple of hours a week before my return date so she will hopefully feel more comfortable with them as she is very clingy with me at present.

so if any of you have any recomendations or know of any places in the areas i require id be ever so gratefull if you could let me know.

thanks in advance :thumbsup:

xxx

Hi there Katy,

I had a childminder near Meadowhall, but unfortunately my little one didn't settle with her - she was quite new to the job and it was a learning curve for both of them I think! He is now happily settled in Kidz@work nursery next to the airport, very close to Darnall. He's been going there since he was 1 and totally adores it. Anyway, I can recommend that nursery if you struggle to find a childminder.

i need a childminder in sheffield gleadless area for monday s tuesdays and wednesday mornings , monday and tuesday it would be from 8 am till 3-30 pm then wednesday from 8 am and then dropping her off at gleadless school at 12-30 for nursery.please help , this is to start from the 10 th september thanks

I don't know how old your kids are , but if they're very young i'd ask your health visitor for a list of local registered childminders - if they're older, then your GP should also have an appropriate list , hope this helps, be careful of asking for childcare on an internet forum though !

:suspect: