My kitten was poisoned THEN run over :(

It's very sad that people can be so heartless. are there many success stories of cats recovering from this type of poisoning?

i have also been quietly following Teeny's fight to survive. She solunds like a wonderful little kit and i so hope she maanges to pull through.

People can be completely and utterly vile i just don't understand how or why.

Will continue to think of you x x

Ok so im having a bit of a down day today…

Teeny hasn’t improved but hasn’t gotten worse so I have to be thankful for that. She slept all day/night last night, not much life in her, but then again, I did find her ½ out the cat flap at ne point, looks like shed tried to get out and then just gave up. It was really sad. If im thinking positively she wanted to go out to play as she is such a wild cat at heart but then I think what if it was to go and find somewhere to die… I mean how MORBID is that of me to think. Cats do do that don’t they though?

Ugh and then ive been reading about that poor dog that’s been stolen in woodseats. I feel so sad for the lady and also the dog who must be so stressed to be away from its pack…

And then there’s this old dog in with the council I want to foster but they don’t do fostering and they won’t release him to rainrescue, and I can’t afford to buy him after what im paying for teeny….

Basically I just feel bad all round for these poor defenses animals that keep getting such a raw deal.

I wish I had more news on teeny, ill let you know as soon as I do

xxx

on the plus side its so lovely to keep logging on and seeing so many lovely people leaving such nice messages x

I can imagine you must feel like you are in limbo at the moment not really knowing for sure how she will be one way or another, but keep your chin up hun :) for now she is still with you and every day after this is a bonus!!!!

Oh Zanna I do feel for you, I do so hope that Teeny makes a full recovery bless both of you. I can only say that if there is justice for animals in this world what goes around comes around!!

More positive thoughts winging their way to you and Teeny:love:

Aberdeen

xxx

My heart goes out to you i can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling and all the ups and downs,hang in there you have defo got a little fighter....

Cats are more resiliant than people give them credit for,just keep doing what you are loads of tlc.....

Yet again i can't write what i want to say or i'd be barred you have so much support take that as comfort you can only do your best......

Zanna

I'm so sorry to hear about Teeny - sending healing down Walkley way.

My friend's kitten was deliberately poisoned with ethylene glycol in Walkey earlier this year. As a result she set up the FaceBook Group and after hearing of Teeny's plight, is organising a meeting for local pet owners about these poisonings in the community.

Just to clarify, in my friend's kitten's case, the vet confirmed the poisoning was deliberate as piles of vomited cat biscuit of a brand not used by my friend was found outside their home that day, and there were no burn marks on the kitten's nose, mouth or throat.

The RSCPA and Police were investigating and all information is relevant and important. I understand the Police even did a door-to-door on my friend's road. The local and national press became involved, as well as the local radio stations and The Star.

I so hope Teeny recovers. Just the thought of youths drop-kicking any animal is beyond me. I want to publically put them over my knee and tan their backsides for them.......

Edited by djelibeybi

Poor little Teeny I hope she is begining to pick up. If you need any help just pm me.

just wondering if there is any news on how she is now, is she doing any better and still eating?

HI guys,

Well…..

After the weekend im now pretty sure that she is going to make it!!!! Shes eating and going to the loo… She is jumping up onto the sofa and even bolted out of the back door and disappeared for 2 hours the other evening. I was beside my self but eventually she came back.

It all sounds great but she still isn’t right and I think she will need an operation. She is just so Empty looking where her tummy is, te vet thinks this is why her breating is still so bad… her guts have most likely come through her diaphragm and up into her chest space, which would explain also why she is so so so thin on her tummy but no where else. Also she has started to “fall asleep” sitting up, well I think that’s what she is doing… I don’t know what else it could be?

So basically yes she is improving steadily now, but shes just so weird at the moment and not at all her self, I just hope its because shes still feeling rubbish and nothing more serious!

Thanks for all the support people, ill keep you informed!

xxx

HI guys,

Well…..

After the weekend im now pretty sure that she is going to make it!!!! Shes eating and going to the loo… She is jumping up onto the sofa and even bolted out of the back door and disappeared for 2 hours the other evening. I was beside my self but eventually she came back.

It all sounds great but she still isn’t right and I think she will need an operation. She is just so Empty looking where her tummy is, te vet thinks this is why her breating is still so bad… her guts have most likely come through her diaphragm and up into her chest space, which would explain also why she is so so so thin on her tummy but no where else. Also she has started to “fall asleep” sitting up, well I think that’s what she is doing… I don’t know what else it could be?

So basically yes she is improving steadily now, but shes just so weird at the moment and not at all her self, I just hope its because shes still feeling rubbish and nothing more serious!

Thanks for all the support people, ill keep you informed!

xxx

Great to see she's improving xxxxx