Does anyone remember C&A in Sheffield

I thought having their logo on the gussets was a helpful idea ... so you never put underwear on the wrong way round ....

:shocked:

I'm in Torrevieja at the moment and there's one here

I have a house near there and pop into C & A when i'm over, love it and it makes me feel a little nostalgic for my youth!

I thought C&A's stood for Coats an Ats :hihi:

An elderly friend of mine used to shop there. A long while ago, back in the 70s or 80s, she saw a coat for sale in the ladies department for £7. Later, in their "Sale", she noticed the new price, £10!

I used to buy all my ski wear from there!

When I was young I called it Coats and Ats(C & A)!!

Their logo was CANDA....which I thought was quite clever at the time , linking the 2 intials together. I actually worked there. It was my first job on leaving school in 1957 and my first experience of getting the sack too:roll: I had clocked in late a total of five minutes in a week......sacked.

Imagine that happening these days :(

I have a house near there and pop into C & A when i'm over, love it and it makes me feel a little nostalgic for my youth!

Its a lovely part of the world there. I'm back home in Sheffield now but can't wait to go back

I remember C and A very well as I worked as a Saturday salesman in the

menswear department in the 60's for about two years and enjoyed every minute of it.

There was a smashing atmosphere, all the staff were saturdays only, the company was pleasure to work for and I met and worked with some lovely ladies young and old, yes a very happy time with many happy memories,for anyone around from those days I was First Sales in Menswear

The one item of vintage clothing still residing in my wardrobe is a suede jacket which was bought at C & A in Sheffield in 1964. Funnily enough it's shrunk over the years; either that or....... but that's a different story. I still do get it out occasionally for the odd 60's themed party and just manage to squeeze into it. My kids love it so I guess it'll eventually become an heirloom!

Either that or via e-bay it'll supplement my pension.

Not all that surprising when you consider that they are a Dutch company named after Clemens and August Brenninkmeijer.

You mean that they weren't named after 'coats & ats', I'm gobsmacked. :rolleyes:

does anyone remember C&A in Sheffield?

what a fantastic store that was, its strange that they arent in UK anymore, I have seen one believe it or not in Munich thats still open!!

Yes I remember C & A in sheffield city centre, and Meadowhall, I could always find what I wanted in there, my Daughter lives in Germany, and there's a couple of their shops over there, one being in Cologne.

I used to go there in the school holidays to get new clothes. I thought it was a fab place.