13 year old kid mugged at Meadowhall

I used to hear this nonsense in the 80's about police being afraid to challenge black youths because of what might be said, yet when the statistics were released far more black males were stopped & searched than any other group.

And what happened – they had to abolish the SUS laws to pacify certain sections of society.

I know that it's not easy, but someone should have come to this kids assistance, end of story.

And what happened – they had to abolish the SUS laws to pacify certain sections of society.

No, they just had to conduct their searches based on intelligence rather than prejudice, sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

I was once the 'victim' of one of these humiliating searches during a business trip to London with two white colleagues who weren't searched and the police gave no reason whatsover to justify stopping me going about my business.

I know that it's not easy, but someone should have come to this kids assistance, end of story.

But people dont crookesey and you can't blame them for fear for their own safety, the best you can do is maybe shout something threatening and/or get a solid description of the attackers, camera phones are good for this, and report it to the police asap.

But people dont crookesey and you can't blame them for fear for their own safety, the best you can do is maybe shout something threatening and/or get a solid description of the attackers, camera phones are good for this, and report it to the police asap.

You don't go head to head with the attackers, you simply grab the kid and get into a busy area. I would possibly take the kid into a shop and insist that they call the police.

And for all you 'it's none of my business' brigade, you all have mobiles, dial 999 for christ's sake, a load of calls coming in might just get Sheffield's finest off their fat arses.

You don't go head to head with the attackers, you simply grab the kid and get into a busy area. I would possibly take the kid into a shop and insist that they call the police.
Well I once did that myself on Oakbrook Road, when I witnessed some kids from Notre Dame attacking another one. I was in my car at the time, stopped it and got hold of the lad who they were punching. In fairness it was a far less intimidating situation dealing with a bunch of middle class 14 year olds in school uniform, so I don't know how I'd respond if the situation was more menacing and I was on my own.

thanks again every 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, Paul, hope your lads ok.

If you have a question about moderating decisions please direct them to the helpdesk.

thanks again every 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive heard about these things happening for a while now and never known if there was much substance to them. Youre actually a friend of a friend so obviously I know its true now.

I really hope your lads ok, I have a 13 year old son and I worry every minute hes away from me.

Lets just hope MHall security pull their socks up and finally start to keep a presence where its really needed.......x

I am surprise that meadowhall security hasn't caught onto this before now. We have to take back our city from these thugs, I hope they all end up at the point of a gun....or a knife end....perhaps they will appreciata life...and respect others.

I'm a big believer in the 'putting the boot on the other foot' scenario...

I wonder what would happen if a group of English thugs were mugging people in a shopping mall in Pakistan? I am quite sure retribution would be swift, it would also make the national news...But i don't think English people go to live in Pakistan do they?