Am I islamophobic?

Actually what is being talked about are people who are Islamohobic, and so far I haven't seen anyone claim that a woman's human rights are subordinate to a man's.

The Sharia Council UK's website does just that in not so many words.

Only if you bring religion into it, which I had no intention of doing because what is being talked about here is basic human rights and if anyone tries to tell me men are superior to women I shall scream as the little girl said in the "Just William" stories.

Agree with there Grahame, blimey, strange bedfellows.:o:hihi:

Agree with there Grahame, blimey, strange bedfellows.:o:hihi:

Speak for yourself, cos I'm not strange, well only a bit. :D

Just joking. :thumbsup:

Cheers.

Edited by Grahame

The Sharia Council UK's website does just that in not so many words.

I was referring to posts on the thread Suff :)

I was referring to posts on the thread Suff :)

I know, but I was also making the point that a look at that website confirms the status of women vis a vis Sharia.

However, I've put loads of work and done lots of research in the past on threads discussing Sharia only to watch them mysteriously disappear without a trace, so I can't even be arsed to put in a link quite frankly. Not to mention the outrageous libellous statements that were made about me, of which I have electronic and paper copies, should I ever need them.;)

I know, but I was also making the point that a look at that website confirms the status of women vis a vis Sharia.

However, I've put loads of work and done lots of research in the past on threads discussing Sharia only to watch them mysteriously disappear without a trace,

That's outrageous.

Fair enough, if somebody says something insightful or deliberately inflammatory it should be removed, but if somebody gives serious consideration to a serious issue, and links sensible information that is relevant to one of the biggest social and political issues of the decade, it should not be removed to appease a few complainers!

Isn't it odd how careful we have to be about a religion that will;

- bury women up to their necks in sand and stone them to death

- burn daughters for losing virginity out of wedlock

- was founded by a warmongering bloke who heard voices

- blow up the infidels at the drop of a hat

When at the same time it's fair game to get at a religion that;

- protects paedophiles

- puts a nazi in it's top job

- promotes (until recently) the spread of STIs and poverty in poor countries.

There's something very wrong here... Face it folks, just ban religion!

Isn't it odd how careful we have to be about a religion that will;

- bury women up to their necks in sand and stone them to death

- burn daughters for losing virginity out of wedlock

- was founded by a warmongering bloke who heard voices

- blow up the infidels at the drop of a hat

When at the same time it's fair game to get at a religion that;

- protects paedophiles

- puts a nazi in it's top job

- promotes (until recently) the spread of STIs and poverty in poor countries.

There's something very wrong here... Face it folks, just ban religion!

On second thoughts don't - it would make you just as insane and inhuman as the folk who stone people to death and facilitate the abuse of children. It makes you as wrong as Pol Pot or Stalin or Saddam or Hitler.

Hmm, the problem in that case is people. As The great Mr Gandhi said;

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

Islamophobia - is a word that some have levelled at me. It's something I've started to come to terms with as being in part true. If a phobia is a fear of something, I now think Islamophobia is a reasonable word, because Islam certainly scares the bejeeburs out of me.

Islamophobia - is a word that some have levelled at me. It's something I've started to come to terms with as being in part true. If a phobia is a fear of something, I now think Islamophobia is a reasonable word, because Islam certainly scares the bejeeburs out of me.

My understanding of the term 'phobia' is that it is an irrational fear. What if you're well informed, have thought everything through and dislike something because it conflicts with all your principles and everything that you hold dear?

On second thoughts don't - it would make you just as insane and inhuman as the folk who stone people to death and facilitate the abuse of children. It makes you as wrong as Pol Pot or Stalin or Saddam or Hitler.

Whilst I agree that banning religion is utterly immoral and illiberal, and absolutely should not be done; it's incredibly silly to say it makes him as bad as those guys. They did a little more than just ban religion, don't be so dramatic.