Isn't it odd how careful we have to be about a religion that will;

- bury women up to their necks in sand and stone them to death

- burn daughters for losing virginity out of wedlock

- was founded by a warmongering bloke who heard voices

- blow up the infidels at the drop of a hat

When at the same time it's fair game to get at a religion that;

- protects paedophiles

- puts a nazi in it's top job

- promotes (until recently) the spread of STIs and poverty in poor countries.

There's something very wrong here... Face it folks, just ban religion!

Isn't it odd how careful we have to be about a religion that will;

- bury women up to their necks in sand and stone them to death

- burn daughters for losing virginity out of wedlock

- was founded by a warmongering bloke who heard voices

- blow up the infidels at the drop of a hat

When at the same time it's fair game to get at a religion that;

- protects paedophiles

- puts a nazi in it's top job

- promotes (until recently) the spread of STIs and poverty in poor countries.

There's something very wrong here... Face it folks, just ban religion!

On second thoughts don't - it would make you just as insane and inhuman as the folk who stone people to death and facilitate the abuse of children. It makes you as wrong as Pol Pot or Stalin or Saddam or Hitler.

Islamophobia - is a word that some have levelled at me. It's something I've started to come to terms with as being in part true. If a phobia is a fear of something, I now think Islamophobia is a reasonable word, because Islam certainly scares the bejeeburs out of me.

Islamophobia - is a word that some have levelled at me. It's something I've started to come to terms with as being in part true. If a phobia is a fear of something, I now think Islamophobia is a reasonable word, because Islam certainly scares the bejeeburs out of me.

My understanding of the term 'phobia' is that it is an irrational fear. What if you're well informed, have thought everything through and dislike something because it conflicts with all your principles and everything that you hold dear?

On second thoughts don't - it would make you just as insane and inhuman as the folk who stone people to death and facilitate the abuse of children. It makes you as wrong as Pol Pot or Stalin or Saddam or Hitler.

Whilst I agree that banning religion is utterly immoral and illiberal, and absolutely should not be done; it's incredibly silly to say it makes him as bad as those guys. They did a little more than just ban religion, don't be so dramatic.

Whilst I agree that banning religion is utterly immoral and illiberal, and absolutely should not be done; it's incredibly silly to say it makes him as bad as those guys. They did a little more than just ban religion, don't be so dramatic.

Ach Jimmy, what's life without a bit of drama? In any case it wasn't my intention to imply that the poster was evil' but to suggest that any concerted effort to ban a religion would be evil.

My understanding of the term 'phobia' is that it is an irrational fear. What if you're well informed, have thought everything through and dislike something because it conflicts with all your principles and everything that you hold dear?

Oh in that case it's not a very good descriptive word, I think it's very rational.