Am I islamophobic?

I once drove into a petrol station late one night and passed a police vehicle with two bobbies inside who started making monkey noises-that's what some bored coppers like to do, make an arse of themselves and hassle the innocent public.

It's no big deal, there's no law against it or driving whilst wearing a balaclava unless it affects road safety.

If that is true then they were wrong.

i wonder if they are now serving burka wearing people in their travel shop? or again if they refuse to serve them would they be in their right given whats happened in the past ?

I dont know what you're getting at ricgem, the travel shop is a private business, they will make commercial decisions based on their experiences.

If a large proportion of their paying customers are burka wearers then they'll probably not do a great deal about it, if this was the first burka clad person to walk onto their premises then they'll probably ban people wearing them.

This is a comment Richard Dawkins posted on his site in response to a story about outrage over his comments on burkhas:

"Am I Islamophobic?

I'll tell you what I am:

I'm stoning phobic.

I'm clitoris-cutting phobic.

I'm suicide bomb phobic.

I'm apostate-killing phobic.

I'm misogyny phobic.

I'm burka phobic.

But of course, we are continually assured that none of those things has any connection with Islam, so I guess that means I can't be Islamophobic.

Maybe I'm just Imamophobic.

Richard"

I removed the Dawkins quote because I can't cope with extremists and that soft pillock is an extremist atheist. You can tell the sort. They don't believe so no one else should.

On the subject of soft pillocks.

You picked a load of examples of things some Muslims do.

Perhaps a new list would work.

I'm weapons stockpiling phobic.

I'm bomb phobic.

I'm kiddie shagging phobic.

I'm violent crime phobic.

I'm rape phobic

I'm murder phobic

Does that mean I'm BNP phobic because members of that bunch of daft sods have done way more of all of those things than anyone in the UK except the IRA and catholic priests.

Perhaps I'm just silly sod phobic.

Enjoy.:)

I removed the Dawkins quote because I can't cope with extremists and that soft pillock is an extremist atheist. You can tell the sort. They don't believe so no one else should.

On the subject of soft pillocks.

You picked a load of examples of things some Muslims do.

Perhaps a new list would work.

I'm weapons stockpiling phobic.

I'm bomb phobic.

I'm kiddie shagging phobic.

I'm violent crime phobic.

I'm rape phobic

I'm murder phobic

Does that mean I'm BNP phobic because members of that bunch of daft sods have done way more of all of those things than anyone in the UK except the IRA and catholic priests.

Perhaps I'm just silly sod phobic.

Enjoy.:)

You can't be a silly sod phobic unless you are autophobic given that you are obviously a silly sod :hihi:

Derby Child Rape Gang

Gang Rape Problem with young black men?

Guardian South Africa 1 in 3 black men admit rape

Edited by BritPat

If that is true then they were wrong.

..of course it's true and was absolutely typical of my experiences and other black people during the late 70's and early/mid 80's. But I didn't raise it to moan about that, I was simply trying to demonstrate how some police officers like to abuse their power.

If Dawkins is an extremist atheist then every Muslim cleric ever is an extremist muslim, and every Christian minister is an extremist christian. I take it you do think that way? If not, why the double standard?

How do you know they haven't, I'd suspect they've been designed for the wearer to be able to see.
I think we both know they've neither been scientifically designed, nor 'designed' for the wearer to see - they were conceived and made to hide the face of the wearer from view.

Driving cars, riding bikes and going to the bank weren't considerations when these articles were introduced hundreds of years ago, and unfortunately the culture of wearing them has failed to move with the times.

If you look at the goggles I linked to, the size of the aperture is similar to a burka, yet they project from the face whereas a piece of fabric doesn't.
In 25 years of motorcycling I've worn probably all of the types shown on that link, and they hardly reduce peripheral vision at all, despite projecting from the face.

And I would suggest that fabric does project from the face, unless the person has no nose.