Am I islamophobic?

They might join a group like that, then again, they might just get ostracised from their whole family/community and/or killed or severely injured (by family members).

Or anything in between. I think your 'probably' might be stretching it though, don't play down the horrific homophobia present in many Islamic societies.

I haven't downplayed anything, I was simply answering a question.

Is homosexuality compatible with Islam?....The people in al-fatiha think so.

Whilst many homophobes would disagree, we do no one any good if we neglect considering liberal interpretations, especially when looking at an issue like compatibility which is more about theory and possibility than it is to do with looking at practice.

Which is brilliant, but completely ass about face at the same time.

Uppercut, as a believing muslim does this mission statement say "muslim" to you?

Al-Fatiha is dedicated to Muslims of all cultural and ethnic backgrounds who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, and questioning or exploring their sexual orientation and/or gender identity (LGBTIQQ), and their families, friends and allies.

Al-Fatiha promotes the progressive Islamic notions of peace, equality and justice. We envision a world that is free from prejudice, injustice and discrimination, where all people are fully embraced and accepted into their families, faith and communities.

The first line is Islam the second line is against Islam second paragraph is Islam but homosexuality is outlawed in the Islamic Sharia meaning it would be illegal in an Islamic state. However Al-Fatiha are not based in an Islamic state and seem to be talking about gay people living in a Secularist society.

Also on paper in the west discrimination against gays and lesbians is not allowed but many people do it including racist icon76. Queer bashing like **** bashing was not done by Muslims but people with a similar mentality to icon76. I've never come across a transgenderd person being bashed in Pakistan and there are many around India Pakistan known as Hijreh who are well tolerated and liked. Some societies don't need paper to make them tolerant.

For example american citiziens go to Palestine to try and help and are welcomed with open arms. I saw one on tv yesterday who was a marine saying if what had been done to Palestinians had been done to the Americans by the Arab world the Americans would have so much atred they wouldn't be able to welcome anyone from that part of the world.

Edited by uppercut

I haven't downplayed anything, I was simply answering a question.
Well answering the question "What happens to a muslim who is homosexual?" with one possibility, and one that is all smiles and roses, and using the word 'probably' strongly implies that this is the norm for Muslims who are gay, and that they don't really have any problems with it generally speaking.

Whilst many homophobes would disagree, we do no one any good if we neglect considering liberal interpretations, especially when looking at an issue like compatibility which is more about theory and possibility than it is to do with looking at practice.
I'm all for getting people to ignore parts of their religion, its a step in the right direction!:) I'll continue to call them out on it though, until they ignore it all!

Sounds like you may have a liking for communism as you hate the nasty oppressive capitalism, you should get together with wildcat, he likes communism too but also gets all girly around big butch muslims who stand up to nasty capitalists using their big islamist organs.

It could be a match made in heaven.

Best of British to you both. :)

Bit of reverse psychology going on here. Reminds me of my best friend's son who is gay (24). He's become the most bitter twisted individual I know..I've known him a long time and he really was a wonderful kid..now he just hates, ironically he hates homosexuals but doesn't stop there..Indians, Pakistanis, Poles and yes even Muslims..His relationship is held behind closed doors (not in the literal sense) and is terrified his father will learn the truth as he's a racist bigot too...more irony. Listening to the way you conduct yourself you remind me of him. Serious question...are you gay? Or a Muslim by any chance?

Bit of reverse psychology going on here. Reminds me of my best friend's son who is gay (24). He's become the most bitter twisted individual I know..I've known him a long time and he really was a wonderful kid..now he just hates, ironically he hates homosexuals but doesn't stop there..Indians, Pakistanis, Poles and yes even Muslims..His relationship is held behind closed doors (not in the literal sense) and is terrified his father will learn the truth as he's a racist bigot too...more irony. Listening to the way you conduct yourself you remind me of him. Serious question...are you gay? Or a Muslim by any chance?

For all you know i could be big gay muslamic. So if i was, your questioning tecnique was hardly sensetive. I'm not but your implication is you don't like islam therefore you're gay is well into "love thy neighbour" territory.

I think gays should be able to get on in life same as the rest of us and i have all the respect for islam that islam has for me as an infidel. If that makes me a bigot in your view then that says more about you than me mucker.