Postman beaten up for going without his shirt

i did not witness the assault but it was on my street and i just came round the corner from picking my children up from school when the police pulled up and put the black guy in the back seat and then proseeded to talk to the postman.

i heard the black guy say it was self deffence....thats a typical comment i think....

..self defence or not, how can the lad be prosecuted if it's one word against the other, with no witnesses? And to be fair, if the black lad came on here saying he was attacked by an irate postmen and responded in self defence, I'd say the same thing, if he was expecting the postman to be charged.

no

the MAJORITY of racism is generally white on black, BUT yes it also happens from others to others

niether type makes it any better

i would suggest there are as many asian and black racists as there are white percentage wise as boy friday has stated

i did not witness the assault but it was on my street and i just came round the corner from picking my children up from school when the police pulled up and put the black guy in the back seat and then proseeded to talk to the postman.

i heard the black guy say it was self deffence....thats a typical comment i think....

i dont know the postman well but he is the friendliest postman i have ever known...please come back soon as this new one dosnt know where the hell he is going when it comes to ours.

yes it did happen..and if blueandwhite sees this i hope your brother is ok

Yeah, some people said the same about Derrick Bird. Just because a person is friendly to you, it doesn't mean they are a saint to other people.

No one knows what went off except the two people involved. We don't know the ACTUAL comments made. What if the man had just said something along the lines of the postman needing some sun coz he was pale - in a humourous way - due to not having much sun up to now, no malice intended? The postman takes offence, has a go at the man and a scuffle ensues etc.

The postman claims the man made a racist remark to look like the victim...

Again, this is just a scenario that COULD have happened.

All I'm saying is, we don't know.

..do you really believe that?

If black folks thought all they had to do to avoid prosecution was claim some racial victimisation and people would back off, then there would be no black people prosecuted or in prison, however we all know that they are over represented in both scenarios.

Yes, of course there are black people (and white ones) who believe the race card will give them some advantage, but the reality is that there has to be evidence to support it, a black youth can't just say..'he called me a darkie and punched' me and expect to be taken seriously by the police and more importantly the jury without evidence, in fact it would damage his credibility for the assault, if it were proved to be untrue.

i did'nt say that, i was saying that by someone using the race card it make's situations alot harder to achieve justice for and when the race card is used by a black/asian person alot of white people dont know how to reply or how to handle a situation like that.

and because racism is seen and heard from alot more white's then any other race if a black/asian person calls the race card against a white most people just think that the white person must have said something racially motivated.

their are people that are 'racists' in all cultures and colours but when do you ever see a story in the paper or on the tv about a black/asian being a racist ?

they're probably has been a few but no where near as many as their are for white people which gives the world a view that all white people are racist. which we all know is not true.

Yeah, some people said the same about Derrick Bird. Just because a person is friendly to you, it doesn't mean they are a saint to other people.

no im saying that what contact i have had with derrick is he seemed like a profesional postman doing his job..and had no benifit to him choosing fights with the people who live in the area that he has to deliver the post to everyday....

i have heard about the black family living in the house where derrick got attacked..trouble makers was one comment....

im sticking up for derrick who is getting off his arse everyday to go to work and earn a living..unlike the sponging dolers who have no intention of working.living off our hard earned money through benifits that they dont deserve.....

no im saying that what contact i have had with derrick is he seemed like a profesional postman doing his job..and had no benifit to him choosing fights with the people who live in the area that he has to deliver the post to everyday....

i have heard about the black family living in the house where derrick got attacked..trouble makers was one comment....

im sticking up for derrick who is getting off his arse everyday to go to work and earn a living..unlike the sponging dolers who have no intention of working.living off our hard earned money through benifits that they dont deserve.....

I don't think the postman's name is Derrick, by the way. I was talking about the Cumbria shootings.

no there is still a scattered few here but more keep setting up home sorry council house now and then...cant wait to move to the US

no there is still a scattered few here but more keep setting up home sorry council house now and then...cant wait to move to the US

Why? Don't they have black people there? Or immigrants?

i would suggest there are as many asian and black racists as there are white percentage wise as boy friday has stated

As a white British guy who once shacked up with a Black African girl I can confirm this to be true. I saw the stares of disapproval and clearly racially fueled rudeness equally from people of all racial backgrounds.

I can also confirm that the overwhelming majority of people are not racist and it kind of annoys me when people keep going on about it all the time, it really ought not to be an issue in this day and age and I can't help but think of people who go on about racism all the time are merely playing into the hands of bigots.

I have known people who seem to spend a great deal of time and effort looking for reasons to accuse people of being racist to the point where I felt as though I had to watch what I say for fear of being accused of racism myself, I wish their was something I could accuse those people of as it makes me feel just as uncomfortable as being in the company of genuine racists.

I hope that someone comes forward as a witness to the assault on the posty it would make me feel so much better about the society in which I live, from what I have read this brain dead thug needs dealing with, I doubt this will be a one off and to anyone who did witness this attack please bear in mind that it could be you or a family member next time.

yeah they have a large population of blacks and immigrants.......its not the fact that they are black or whatever.

i have experienced black americans and the difference is that over here in small close knit communities as a real minority they think that they have more to prove of what they r and try to uphold there suposed image of being gangsters and bigging them selves up more cause they know in white communities that they r the odd ones out....

i did'nt say that, i was saying that by someone using the race card it make's situations alot harder to achieve justice for and when the race card is used by a black/asian person alot of white people dont know how to reply or how to handle a situation like that.
Believe me the police do, and judging by the posts Ive seen on this subject on this forum alone, I dont see many white folks becoming shy and retiring types when faced with someone playing the race card. By the same token you are aware that this race card works both ways don't you? I've heard of offences being committed and the assailants being described as black, when that hasn't been the case, because the person making the claim believes it aggravates whatever they've been victims of ;)

and because racism is seen and heard from alot more white's then any other race if a black/asian person calls the race card against a white most people just think that the white person must have said something racially motivated.

Do they? Who are those people that believe that? Any claim like that is tested in a courtroom. It's a very challenging environment for people who make false accusations.

their are people that are 'racists' in all cultures and colours but when do you ever see a story in the paper or on the tv about a black/asian being a racist ?

You do realise blacks/asians represent about 15% of the population, so if racists in their number are a minority, as they are within the 'indigenous' population, then obviously you're going to hear a lot less of black on white racism, thats just common sense isn't it?

they're probably has been a few but no where near as many as their are for white people which gives the world a view that all white people are racist. which we all know is not true.

Yes, we all know that isn't true, so who are these people believing the view you state?

As a white British guy who once shacked up with a Black African girl I can confirm this to be true. I saw the stares of disapproval and clearly racially fueled rudeness equally from people of all racial backgrounds.

I can also confirm that the overwhelming majority of people are not racist and it kind of annoys me when people keep going on about it all the time, it really ought not to be an issue in this day and age and I can't help but think of people who go on about racism all the time are merely playing into the hands of bigots.

I have known people who seem to spend a great deal of time and effort looking for reasons to accuse people of being racist to the point where I felt as though I had to watch what I say for fear of being accused of racism myself, I wish their was something I could accuse those people of as it makes me feel just as uncomfortable as being in the company of genuine racists.

I hope that someone comes forward as a witness to the assault on the posty it would make me feel so much better about the society in which I live, from what I have read this brain dead thug needs dealing with, I doubt this will be a one off and to anyone who did witness this attack please bear in mind that it could be you or a family member next time.

Which is what? That something happened between two people that no one else saw and we only have one side (supposedly) of the argument?

Again, what if there isn't a story of any kind? What if the postman had an attitude that backfired on him?

WE DON'T KNOW! No one does, other than the two people involved. If there were even two people.

Edited by leviathan13