Drain (problems/recommendations) megathread

Had this problem only last week , Water kept backing up on outside grate everytime the shower or dishwasher was on. Went to B&Q got a bottle of drain cleaner also bought a drain plunger poured half the bottle of drain cleaner down the grate left it a couple of hours then poured a couple of pans of boiling water then put the plunger down & bingo the drain was unblocked cost about £20.

This sounds like the pipe from the kitchen to the outside gulley is blocked. Usually it is in the u bend and is an accumulation of grease and soap. The Mr Muscle stuff might dissolve it and move it away but if you can it is better to take the u bend off and clean it out.

As for the outside gulley being blocked this again is either grease and soap from the kitchen or hair and soap from the bathroom. Never try unblocking it with a stick, you will just move it around the bend and make matters worse! Put some marigolds on and scoop it out with your hand. You will know when most of it is out when you smell the sewer. Mr Muscle type stuff might work but it is expensive and polluting.

Take off your u-bend, ram a good length of hose pipe down it, give it a few tugs back and forth then get some caustic soda down it, the whole lot will cost you under a fiver and you wont have some cowboy asking for a blank cheque.

Chances are it's a build up of washing powder soap and grease, when the two combine and build up they can be a bugger, it's like a very smelly lard, but easily shifts.

While seeking to identify the biggest opportunity to help you with your blocked drain problems, it is significant to go beyond the conventional utilization of a plumber. Making use of professional individuals can provide you solutions to repairing the problem and seeing the results of those repairs.

WE NEED TO KNOW IF YOU'VE UNBLOCKED YOUR DRAINS GOD DAM IT!!!:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

if internal we can help free quote,

if external search for forum user rocky he is reasonable on price

Hi rocky1,

I, too have a blocked drain. And could do with some help. could we get in touch?

Just want to bump this thread up. After searching Sheffield Forum for a recommendation for unblocking drains, I phoned rocky1 up yesterday and he came round within the hour and sorted it out.

Nice chap and gave some good advice on how to stop it blocking again in the future.

Cheers rocky.

no problem glad i could help

Can I also thank rocky1, he did a formidable job. I was at work and missed him, but the wife was very impressed! I would certainly recommend him.