Drain (problems/recommendations) megathread

Hi,

If Rocky1 is still reading this thread, please could you contact me re a blocked drain! This flash flood in Sheffield seems to have stirred something up in our sewer..........it overflowed shortly after the storm and left me with a nice job to clear up :-( I just looked under the inspection hatch today however and it's still almost to the top so I guess something has partially blocked the drain. Probably just needs rodding, I have borrowed a pressure washer to clean up properly afterwards but don't have the gear to clear the blockage. Bit concerned as we are semi-detached so think we share a sewer with neighbours.....don't want them to share our overflow experience!!

Many thanks!

Andy

Hi,

If Rocky1 is still reading this thread, please could you contact me re a blocked drain! This flash flood in Sheffield seems to have stirred something up in our sewer..........it overflowed shortly after the storm and left me with a nice job to clear up :-( I just looked under the inspection hatch today however and it's still almost to the top so I guess something has partially blocked the drain. Probably just needs rodding, I have borrowed a pressure washer to clean up properly afterwards but don't have the gear to clear the blockage. Bit concerned as we are semi-detached so think we share a sewer with neighbours.....don't want them to share our overflow experience!!

Many thanks!

Andy

Which area are you in Andy?

I'm a qualified plumber with a set of rods, pretty busy but if you are close by, i'll try and call ASAP.

Can anyone recommend someone?

My drain is blocked from the pipe, which pumps out the water from kitchen sink and washer machine. Hope this isn't going to be an expensive job!

I can do that for you, be about £480.

I can do that for you, be about £480.

Without even seeing the job????

Our blocked drain involved digging up quite a lot of land and it cost a lot more than £480......and that was 15 years ago!

It was caused by a total collapse of an old victorian pipe due to root ingression. It had to have the camera's down to locate the actual break. I would be careful of what you quote and I would also be wary of a quote such as yours without prior investigation.

Muffin 12........have you tried putting down some of that Mr Muscle stuff? Sometimes there's just a build up of grease etc and that stuff might shift it. I would certainly try that first anyhow.

Perhaps you could hire/borrow some drain rods and have a go yourself?

OMG this has scared me! I have just come out of hospital for the second time after having surgery on my tummy and cannot really do much for myself as in the way of trying to have a go and don't have no bloke around to do it for me either!

I well and truly hope it is a simple job... I will give the Mr Muscle stuff a go ta

hiya try liam on 07733248379 he's a good plumber and he wont rip you off, i doubt its an expensive job anyway. hope that helps:)

Can anyone recommend someone?

My drain is blocked from the pipe, which pumps out the water from kitchen sink and washer machine. Hope this isn't going to be an expensive job!

i doubt it would be expensive...it maybe just the trap that's blocked try the drain cleaner stuff and maybe a couple of kettles of boiling water, or take the trap off under the sink and see if that's blocked :)

Hi would be happy to come have a look and give you a free quote no silly prices, male & female staff.

Have a quick look at our website.

Thanks.

happy to look at it and quote for you can do monday pm me if intrested

If its blocked outside your house ring Yorkshire Water.

If your house meets certain conditions they will come out free of charge.

But they can offer advice either way.