Owls vs Blades the Thread

canadablade

Only going on the RS broadcast, but from their account it came across United were the better/more dominant side until the JJ/Cresswell incident, and that while we were down to 10 men you were the better team, and scored against the run of play. The second half sounded more even, United deserving at least the point they got overall, though the owls wasted a very good chance in stoppage time.

United fans celebrated like they'd helped push the owls a little closer to relegation (just as i'm sure you would've the other way round), and apparently late in the game, the RS commentator said it was that quiet in the ground, you could hear a pin drop!

yeh was quiet near the end all over, leppings lane end was quiet for 93mins (apart from cheering ur goal) - united kept it in midfield for a bit of the second half

im going on what i saw not what i heard on RS thats my view on it anyway

off to the pub again now!!

Only going on the RS broadcast, but from their account it came across United were the better/more dominant side until the JJ/Cresswell incident, and that while we were down to 10 men you were the better team, and scored against the run of play. The second half sounded more even, United deserving at least the point they got overall, though the owls wasted a very good chance in stoppage time.

United fans celebrated like they'd helped push the owls a little closer to relegation (just as i'm sure you would've the other way round), and apparently late in the game, the RS commentator said it was that quiet in the ground, you could hear a pin drop!

United started off better than Wednesday, but towards the end of the first half Wednesday got into it and scored. I thought Wednesday were ok until United scored, then United seemed comfortable but without creating anything. Wednesday had two clear cut chances at the end to win it..but as usual, our strikers don't take their chances.

First half to the Owls, slightly better team and probably had the better chances

Second half to the Blades, as soon as they equalised they grew in confidence and passed the ball better. Wednesday seemed to give up with 30 minutes left and were more worried about losing the game than pushing on to win it.

Very poor quality from both sides in the final third of the pitch

Can't honestly see where the goals are going to come from to keep us up

yeh was quiet near the end all over, leppings lane end was quiet for 93mins (apart from cheering ur goal)

im going on what i saw not what i heard on RS thats my view on it anyway

off to the pub again now!!

The atmosphere in the home sections was superb until the last 10 mins. United fans only really got loud until the last ten mins.

Apart from O'Connor those players don't deserve anything. Wednesday fans turned out in force today and really got behind the team. Some of them do not deserve to play for us.

The atmosphere in the home sections was superb until the last 10 mins. United fans only really got loud until the last ten mins.

Apart from O'Connor those players don't deserve anything. Wednesday fans turned out in force today and really got behind the team. Some of them do not deserve to play for us.

I'm sure the opinion will be different from those in the Leppings Lane end... just as at the Lane, the owls fans were virtually silent until they scored in the second half (apart from their greeting to Ward on the stretcher of course).

I'm sure the opinion will be different from those in the Leppings Lane end... just as at the Lane, the owls fans were virtually silent until they scored in the second half (apart from their greeting to Ward on the stretcher of course).

That's a fair point. Leppings Lane though usually can be heard from the Kop, cos that low roof keeps all the noise in.

I have to say I'm glad Wednesday and United fans didn't cause any trouble, well I didn't see any, apart from the one blade taken off the Kop. Both sets of fans outside were wearing colours with no trouble from what I saw...makes a change.

That's a fair point. Leppings Lane though usually can be heard from the Kop, cos that low roof keeps all the noise in.

I have to say I'm glad Wednesday and United fans didn't cause any trouble, well I didn't see any, apart from the one blade taken off the Kop. Both sets of fans outside were wearing colours with no trouble from what I saw...makes a change.

Bloody hell he's a brave (ok stupid) bloke even I won't venture on my own kop!! :hihi:

Bloody hell he's a brave (ok stupid) bloke even I won't venture on my own kop!! :hihi:

I don't know if he was brave or stupid. He persisted on shouting at all the Wednesdayites as he was walked out. Glad the police got their first..otherwise some of the idiots would have had a field day. Apart from that though, I didn't see trouble anywhere.

Blades sold out there allocation and some even went in the pigs ends.

Only 35,485 there in your World Cup stadia that holds 39,000 +

So no excuses from wednesdayites saying they couldnt get a ticket

the capacity wasn't 39k though:loopy: corner not used, not all seats on utd end were used. i barely saw any spare seats in the home end, saw more gaps on the away end.i'm guessing the actual capacity for the game was 36kish, so a near sell out, certainly less seats spare than there was in your home end earlier in the season;)