Owls vs Blades the Thread

canadablade

I was just reminding all Blades that Wednesday fans (unlike Blackwell) have not tried to blame anyone else. It's not the Wednesday way.

We know how bad Tudgay and Clarke are, and there lies the blame.

You know full well that Wednesday fans are just as fickle as United fans for blaming all sorts of things, particularly the ref, as well as their own players (e.g. your current scapegoat is Tudgay, for us Quinn) - but as it's not been as good a day as you'd hoped, we'll let all that slide :)

Just seen the goals on SSN, two well taken goals, and a poor miss by JJ at the end.

THIS started the 'he didn't go' banter.

No I didn't go, and neither did you.

And the difference is? ..........................................................

According to you, we were at home.

Wow! Us being at home is 4 miles from where you live, and you didn't go.

What's up, too far to travel?

..... and 30,000 extra tickets, give it up eh? :hihi:

Oh and for the record YOU started the "he didnt go" banter

Edited by eyretile

Apologies for breaking up the bickering between people who didn't go to the game, but I did and have to say I agree with the blades fans who were at the match and singing "that's why you're going down". Spot on, we've got no threat up front, a midfield who create nothing, and a manager who's priority even in must-win games is to defend.

A draw was a fair result on the day but given the importance of the game there were far too many SWFC players who just didn't look bothered today, as per usual. Unless there's a massive clearout we'll do nothing in League One either.

So earwiggo doesn't go as often as he would have in the past - doesn't make his opinion any less valid (or wrong!) than anyone else's really - most important incidents will be on tv at some point anyway, and often what fans at the ground think they saw at the time was less than accurate under the spotlight of the cameras :)

Apologies for breaking up the bickering between people who didn't go to the game, but I did and have to say I agree with the blades fans who were at the match and singing "that's why you're going down". Spot on, we've got no threat up front, a midfield who create nothing, and a manager who's priority even in must-win games is to defend.

A draw was a fair result on the day but given the importance of the game there were far too many SWFC players who just didn't look bothered today, as per usual. Unless there's a massive clearout we'll do nothing in League One either.

Honest opinion as usual from Mr P. I'm sure there are plenty of Palace and Watford fans who're saying very similar things about their own teams though, so don't give up hope just yet!

You know full well that Wednesday fans are just as fickle as United fans for blaming all sorts of things, particularly the ref, as well as their own players (e.g. your current scapegoat is Tudgay, for us Quinn) - but as it's not been as good a day as you'd hoped, we'll let all that slide :)

Just seen the goals on SSN, two well taken goals, and a poor miss by JJ at the end.

Wednesday have played with 9 men for the last 6 months. I'll leave you to guess which players in particular haven't turned up for wednesday.

Oh and for the record YOU started the "he didnt go" banter

CB started the 'didn't go' line as usual, and you, (SAT AT HOME). backed him up. :hihi: Oh the irony!!

Gorra go.

Both Sheffield clubs are crap.

One's cheap and sh 'ite, and one cost a little bit more. but is still shi 'ite.

Better than having bobbar in my pants like most owls though innit mate :hihi::hihi::hihi:

often wonder how old you are cos out of all blades on here you are so childish with your constant name calling you make yourself seem about 6

I guess it was a deserved scoreline because both teams scored a goal (which is the most important bit) but Wednesday should have taken the 3 ...

Wednesday were better team first half and we deserved to go in 1-0 (lovely finish from Potter)

Think we should have been 2 up by the time United scored (lucky goal but it went in so not much you can say really)

Then United fans woke up and sung their first song of the game and I thought they were gonna push on but game and the atmosphere died after that, Wednesday having the best chances but never really creating much, Blades having a lot of possession in midfield but never looked dangerous really

United celebrated a draw like they'd won a cup final and Wednesday fans were gutted which tells you what happened on the pitch really

Also, I really didn't get the "We're sending you down" song but nevermind

Palace have got WBA i think next game so could still go down to the final day

Next stop Cardiff!

I guess it was a deserved scoreline because both teams scored a goal (which is the most important bit) but Wednesday should have taken the 3 ...

Wednesday were better team first half and we deserved to go in 1-0 (lovely finish from Potter)

Think we should have been 2 up by the time United scored (lucky goal but it went in so not much you can say really)

Then United fans woke up and sung their first song of the game and I thought they were gonna push on but game and the atmosphere died after that, Wednesday having the best chances but never really creating much, Blades having a lot of possession in midfield but never looked dangerous really

United celebrated a draw like they'd won a cup final and Wednesday fans were gutted which tells you what happened on the pitch really

Also, I really didn't get the "We're sending you down" song but nevermind

Palace have got WBA i think next game so could still go down to the final day

Next stop Cardiff!

Only going on the RS broadcast, but from their account it came across United were the better/more dominant side until the JJ/Cresswell incident, and that while we were down to 10 men you were the better team, and scored against the run of play. The second half sounded more even, United deserving at least the point they got overall, though the owls wasted a very good chance in stoppage time.

United fans celebrated like they'd helped push the owls a little closer to relegation (just as i'm sure you would've the other way round), and apparently late in the game, the RS commentator said it was that quiet in the ground, you could hear a pin drop!