It's "perry" not "pear cider" so it should be cheaper!

Following the shocking 10% increase in the price of cider slapped on by Labour yesterday it will be interesting to see if cider makers try and find a way round it. One such way would be to make cider from pears instead of apples, which is technically a drink called "perry" and not "pear cider" as it's sometimes incorrectly known as.

As the budget made no mention of a 10% rise in the price of perry, could cider makers start using pears instead of apples to find a way round the tax?

More to the point, where in Sheffield sells the real Perry along with regular scrumpy?

When I lived in Colchester my local pub (which was very big on real cider) used to sell an 8% Perry which the younger drinkers would try cos it was strong, and which inevitably resulted in carnage!

More to the point, where in Sheffield sells the real Perry along with regular scrumpy?

When I lived in Colchester my local pub (which was very big on real cider) used to sell an 8% Perry which the younger drinkers would try cos it was strong, and which inevitably resulted in carnage!

Id love to get my hands on some 8% Perry. :rolleyes: Wonderful !:D