LS on football heaven

Panthera

Forget the business side for one second yeah, what exactly have we done to change your mind on the pitch this season, to stop us from getting relegated?

Like some1 else said the first thing is to make sure they stay up surely as you get less money for being in league 1, sensible if you ask me.

As good as an offer it was to give our shirt sponsorship to the children's hospital how much money did we lose there?

I'm still bemused as to how a club who's in serious debt can give there shirt sponsorship away, that to me just seemed strange as we need every penny we can get?????

On the pitch nothing but as far as Im aware LS doesnt wear the number 9 shirt on a Saturday or any other day for that matter ..... re shirt sponsorship dont know the exact figures BUT fact : We sold thousands more shirts this year than previous years netting the club more than any sponsorship deal ever agreed with SWFC , the exact figures are somewhere on the official site .

I didnt say relegation had no impact i said it had an impact and that impact is negotiable

Notts County attracted investment because they were attracting people like Sven Goran Erikson who is a high profile figure and they were hoping to attract big names, they are still in a position to get promoted out of the league they are in at the mo, but the premiership in 5 years looks a bit out now

They didnt attract him they BOUGHT him ..... big difference ... they now have no money hence the be careful who buys your club argument

Where did you see that? is it from club 9.

I know you will have seen it somewhere.

kind of tricky as it was what Lee Strafford said at the recent fans forum

"It difficult at the moment; we think we have a good group there (Club 9), and we know that the Co-op are a very good and honourable bank," said Strafford. "The two good parties still have to agree a valuation. That's very difficult to do when you have two sets of numbers: 1. This is a Championship club. 2. This is a League One club.

"That means the piece has run slowly, and probably will continue to run slowly.

"I take comfort from the fact that we have done all we can. We have smartened the club up and put a professional plan in place."

is what has been quoted in the media

On the pitch nothing but as far as Im aware LS doesnt wear the number 9 shirt on a Saturday or any other day for that matter ..... re shirt sponsorship dont know the exact figures BUT fact : We sold thousands more shirts this year than previous years netting the club more than any sponsorship deal ever agreed with SWFC , the exact figures are somewhere on the official site .

I didnt say relegation had no impact i said it had an impact and that impact is negotiable

Strafford came onto the away stand at QPR last season and made a complete idiot of himself and actually nerly got his head kicked in by the Wednesdayites.

He was arguing with people saying if they dont like how he running the show fk off, now im sorry but thats the reason i dont like him why would i after him going off like that with fans who have probably been going to Hillsborough longer than hes been alive, what did him was all these deadlines what he kept coming out with when he first joined, people simply dont trust the bloke.

And at the end of the day weather he likes it or not its the paying football fans perogative.

But every fan shows passion and as for him doing it for nothing I have made my ideas on that on another thread

Right then we are getting to the 'nitty gritty' of why posters (Blades) keep picking up on what he keeps saying

If I remember correctly 20,000 Season tickets needed then drops to 18,ooo then 16,000 (If numbers not 100% accurate I apologize)

Then you need suddenly average 25,000 attendance at every home game or players will be sold in new year window

You will not average it or be anywhere near it but you haven't sold anyone

Is it the fans fault that you aren't getting 25,000 a game he thinks so

(IMO its because the fans don't trust the board and the football played and are showing their feelings by keeping away)

He is failing on every thing he says is needed

He isnt failing the fans are its a simple argument ... If we were say 3rd in the league is his plan sustainable ... ? absolutely but were not so the goal posts have changed and so does the plan have to ..... as I keep saying results drive attendances but LS keeps getting the blame for the one thing he cant control

kind of tricky as it was what Lee Strafford said at the recent fans forum

"It difficult at the moment; we think we have a good group there (Club 9), and we know that the Co-op are a very good and honourable bank," said Strafford. "The two good parties still have to agree a valuation. That's very difficult to do when you have two sets of numbers: 1. This is a Championship club. 2. This is a League One club.

"That means the piece has run slowly, and probably will continue to run slowly.

"I take comfort from the fact that we have done all we can. We have smartened the club up and put a professional plan in place."

is what has been quoted in the media

The reason I asked is because club 9 are not happy that their name has been leaked and after releasing the statement below said they would not be commenting further.

They will not be happy with Strafford discussing it on forums.

http://www.club9sports.com.

If the link doesn't work just search, club9 sports.

Edited by alex3659

Strafford came onto the away stand at QPR last season and made a complete idiot of himself and actually nerly got his head kicked in by the Wednesdayites.

He was arguing with people saying if they dont like how he running the show fk off, now im sorry but thats the reason i dont like him why would i after him going off like that with fans who have probably been going to Hillsborough longer than hes been alive, what did him was all these deadlines what he kept coming out with when he first joined, people simply dont trust the bloke.

And at the end of the day weather he likes it or not its the paying football fans perogative

Dont remember that at QPR and yes I was there however wnt take issue with you ....... If you have been going to Hillsborough all that time you will appreciate that its everyones perogative to stay away however does that fix the club ? no ..... and thats all hes saying ........ its a bit like being a negative Wednesday fan slagging your own off and moaning at matches ! what exactly is that acheiving ?

You and I both know not only will adminstration not happen it cant happen ( loan note holders and shareholders etc etc etc )

If you stand by the above post, and IF the Owls are relegated, take the administration factor out, and what alternative is there?

You cant get investment in the Championship. How do you clear your debt and progress as a club IF in the 1st division with the clubs financial history.?

The Division factor does not really matter at this stageeither, the financial state of all clubs has to be addressed, but the Owls are in a more serious mess than most clubs.